Head of HR
|Job Title:||Head of HR|
|Salary:||c£45,000 - £50,000 depending on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-07-10 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Katie Shaw|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2019 16:17|
Reporting to the HR Director, the Head of HR will develop and deliver people management strategies which support the overall aims and objectives of Prestige Nursing and Elite Care Ltd (Sodexo Personal and Home Services UK).
Core elements of the role will be to contribute at a strategic and operational level, identifying HR priorities, making recommendations and to deliver expert professional advice and support to stakeholders including management, employees, members and client groups.
The Head of HR will line manage the HR department and reception.
This role requires substantial HR experience working in a senior capacity with the ability to establish credibility and build department accountability, and commercial acumen.Package description
c£45,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
Access to a variety of benefits and discounts: 15% bonus, car allowance and pension schemeMain responsibilities
- Develop and deliver people management strategies which support the overall strategic aims and objectives of Prestige Nursing Ltd and Elite Care Ltd (Sodexo Personal and Home Services UK)
- Deliver human resources practices and objectives that provide a people-oriented, high performance culture to achieve empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment and superior standards
- Contribute at a strategic and operational level in order to identify HR priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions
- Provide a customer focused HR service, delivering expert professional advice and support to stakeholders including management, employees, members and client groups
- Manage and guide the HR department to ensure fairness and consistency, reflect employment legislation and best practice and the desire to be an employer of choice
- Proven experience in HR management
- Held previous position of seniority, able to establish credibility and build department accountability
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills
- Experience of acting as a role model and leading teams is essential
- Comfortable in developing team members and empowering teams
- Project management and workload prioritisation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrates commercial acumen – partners with the business to deliver commercially focused people strategies and has a good overall understanding of company finances and is able to utilise the data to develop policies
- Strong computer skills for presentation and analysis of HR data
- Gravitas to support, challenge and coach senior teams, internally and externally
- Ability to deputise for the HR Director
- Essential UK travel including overnight stays
Prestige Nursing + Care is a long-established, forward-thinking provider of homecare for anyone of any age or ability who requires additional support and care to enable them to live at home rather than in hospital or residential care. Our services range from occasional respite care to 24-hour in-home care delivered by teams of highly trained care workers and nurses. We have a network of 34 branches in England and Scotland, where we operate as Elite Care.
Prestige Nursing + Care became part of the Sodexo Global Homecare (PHS) in March 2017 and have an ambitious strategy to become a leading provider of homecare services in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's