Head of Health and Safety Projects
|Job Title:||Head of Health and Safety Projects|
|Salary:||£42,400 - £57,600|
|Start Date:||2019-07-01 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Nicholls|
|Job Published:||July 01, 2019 11:17|
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Health and Safety Projects to have a focus on Quality, Safety and Environmental management of the DWP contract project delivery.
In this role, you will provide technical and legislative support to the project teams who deliver a broad range of notifiable and non-notifiable projects across the DWP estate, taking responsibility responsible for several KPIs – i.e. accident reporting and investigation, audit, inspection and compliance with CDM Regulations 2015.
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is the UK’s biggest public service department, with a property portfolio of over 800 properties. The portfolio principally comprises front of house Job Centres (JCPs) and Medical Examination Centres (MECs), and an Operational and Corporate Centre office estate. Most of the estate is leasehold interest and includes colocation with Local Authority and Central Government bodies.Package description
Flexible benefit fund (healthcare etc), bonus, car, pension scheme and access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discountsMain responsibilities
- Support the Project Team with managing Supply Chain QSE / CDM 2015 obligations including reviewing of risk assessments, on – site presence, audit, inspection and monitoring completion of action plans
- Undertake QSE audits as per contract requirements
- Support accident investigations and monitor completion of corrective and preventive action plans
- Provide technical input to ensure new legislation is implemented
- Work alongside the Client, Account Management Team, Project Team and Supply Chain Management in order to achieve best practice and greater level of compliance
- Create an audit plan based on project risk profile: i.e. Carry out desktop audit of programme suppliers, carry out Head Office audit of suppliers, carry out project site audits
- Create and implement processes: project safety assurance (differentiate for low risk/low cost projects, non-notifiable and notifiable, permit to work management, construction phase plan/RAMS review, accident reporting, escalation, incident management, supplier safety performance)
- Design and deliver safety training for Sodexo Field Team to assure safe delivery of projects across DWP Estate
- Previous experience in a similar role with demonstrable working knowledge of QSE working practices
- Level 6 Safety Qualification (degree level or NEBOSH Diploma/equivalent)
- Chartered Member of Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (CMIOSH)
- Hold qualifications to a minimum of level 3 in Environmental and Quality Assurance, preferably with AIEMA Membership
- Hold BOHS P405 Managing Asbestos in Buildings
- Hold a recognised incident investigator qualification
- Hold a recognised qualification or have a good understanding of Mechanical & Electrical installations
- At least 5 years’ experience in a QSE Management Role in FM or construction contractors industry
- Extensive knowledge of Risk Management, Method Statement Review, supplier and site audit, accident investigations, compliance and maintenance of relevant standards.
- Experienced with; CDM Regulations implementation, an in-depth understanding of and the ability to interpret QSE-related legislation, company standards and programme requirements to pass on knowledge and requirements to others.
- Experience of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 / 45001 /PAS99 standards
- Full UK driving licence
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's