Head of FP&A
- Job Reference: 00028202-1
- Date Posted: 21 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Hull, Yorkshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Mining / Oil / Gas, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Elevation Accountancy & Finance, part of the Elevation Recruitment Group, are delighted to have been appointed retained partner to Willerby as they seek to hire a Head of FP&A.
Now entering it's 75th year in business, Willerby is the UK market leader in the manufacture of Lodges and Caravans and has, since it's 2017 sale to PE house Equistone, seen turnover increase significantly to exceed £170m. With the current high levels of interest for staycations, the business is in a strong market sector and has recently made major investments to support further increases in market share and competitiveness.
The Head of FP&A position, is a newly created role, that has been put in place to ensure the business has Financial Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting and reporting processes that are consistent with its scale, sophistication and market placement. Working alongside the Group Financial Controller, the role will provide close support to the Group Finance Director and will be tasked with taking ownership for the FP&A function and providing drive and impetus to its development.
Following the recent implementation and go-live of a new ERP system, the finance department has an opportunity to reduce the time it spends creating data/reports and maximise its value-add to the company through providing better analysis, insights and business partnering. In addition to the below core responsibilities, the Head of FP&A will have management responsibility for a team of 7 and be required to support them as the FP&A function changes its focus over the coming months/years.
The Head of FP&A will have full responsibility for all Operational & Commercial aspects of reporting and planning.
Other specific areas of responsibility will include;
- Own the end to end processes and outputs for annual and in year Budget / Forecasting cycles from collection, consolidation, review and presentations to final approval
- Manage core weekly and monthly reporting processes for all aspects of Operations and Commercial profitability including managing deliverables, analysis of outputs, summarising KPIs for senior management and investors
- Collaborate with the Group Financial Controller to ensure Group reporting is completed to a consistent standard and timetable as per P&L and BS reporting
- Maintain a strong handle on external business trends in order to keep the Board appraised of all emerging issues / opportunities that could impact performance
- Orchestrate monthly management reviews of performance by category, business unit or function as appropriate
- Partner with the Board of Directors to identify and drive opportunities for efficiencies and growth
- Manage the full investment submission / evaluation / approval cycle
Due to the fast paced and demanding nature of this high growth, PE backed business, it is essential that all applicants are qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) accountants who can demonstrate a strong track record working within FP&A. Experience of managing/developing teams, driving process improvements and effectively utilising systems will also be key shortlisting criteria on this high profile job opportunity.
Willerby is an ambitious and driven business but one that balances a demanding environment with flexibility to support their employees. In addition to a competitive salary and package, flexibility to work from home when required (post Covid-19) and a 2pm finish on a Friday will all be available to the successful applicant.
If you believe you have the ambition and drive to make an impact in this great company and have the technical skills and FP&A experience to support this, do not hesitate to get in touch and apply today