|Salary||£50000 - £52000||Sector||Facilities|
HMP Peterborough are currently recruiting for a Head of Facilities Management.
You will be responsible for delivering a high quality professional Facility Management service in line with the PFI contract requirements. You must ensure that the needs of the Prison Director are met in ensuring that the Prison remains secure, effective and fit for purpose on a day to day basis and that contractual compliance is achieved.
We are looking for an experienced senior FM professional that is trained in Health and Safety to IOSH Level II standard and has extensive knowledge of Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, Building and Electrical and Mechanical Regulations.
HMP/YOI Peterborough is the country’s only purpose-built prison for both male and female prisoners (kept separate at all times), including a 12-place mother and baby unit. We are committed to offering education and development programmes to provide residents with the skills required to enter employment on release, so reducing the chances of further offending. Providing creative outlets, such as workshop activities, helps to equip those in custody for when they are released. We use ‘Restorative Approaches’ to bring people in conflict into dialogue. Using a skilled and structured process, those who have been harmed have an opportunity to be heard and those that have caused the harm are held to account for what they have done. We have strong links with the community outside through a variety of partnerships, including our outreach activity Outside Links’ offering support and advice to both residents and their families.
£50,000 - £52,000 dependent on experience and qualifications, 23 days holiday, discretionary 10% bonus, £1,300 contribution to the Sodexo Flexible Benefits Scheme, Pension and Childcare Vouchers.Main responsibilities
- Effectively manage the quality and compliance of FM services across the Prison to interface with Department leads and to ensure all service standards are delivered or exceeded.
- Manage Forward Maintenance program and Life Cycle ensuring business cases and project are completed.
- Be the single point of contact with site level contact for the escalation of service failure
- Provide direction and expertise to the FM team by promoting Sodexo strategies and best business practices in order to uphold the Company mission and values
- Motivate and lead a high performing team to achieve their objectives and the Sodexo strategy
**Full job description belowIdeal candidate
- Change management and performance management experience, a progressive, dynamic and flexible approach to delivery of FM Services including Life cycle and Catering and Stores
- A proven track record of Customer Relationship and Financial Management.
- An experienced senior FM professional that is trained in Health and Safety to IOSH Level II standard and has extensive knowledge of Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, Building, Electrical and Mechanical Regulations
- Ability to analyse and resolve problems, develop opportunities and implement innovate solutions/approaches
- Able to demonstrate personal self-development and development of team
- Demonstration of high performing team work, implementing initiatives and working on own judgement and decisions
- A working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Project
- Ideally technically qualified to HNC/ONC in a building/engineering subject, BIFM Level 4
- Strong soft services experience especially with catering and Logistics.
- Conversant with operating an Environmental Management System.
- Experience of working in a secure environment
- Good working knowledge of CAFM
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.