Head of Estates (Healthcare)
|Job Title:||Head of Estates (Healthcare)|
|Salary:||Circa. £60,000 depending on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-04-12 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Katie Shaw|
|Job Published:||April 12, 2019 09:37|
Reporting to the Business Director, as Head of Estates you’ll be leading a team responsible for the front-line management of the day-to-day delivery of FM services to a PFI Contract, at the prestigious Manchester Foundation Trust. This will encompass all aspects of FM included within the agreed SLAs including the management of in-house and outsourced resources to deliver Hard services, including; the effective management and delivery of planned preventative maintenance programs, responding to the ‘reactive’ needs of the client to ensure continuous improvement and financial performance within agreed budgets.
In this role, you’ll have sole financial responsibility for performance of the contract and take an active role in ensuring PMS deductions and unavailability penalties are kept to a minimum.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
Access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts, flexible benefit fund, bonus potential and pension schemeMain responsibilities
- Establish key relationships with Contract Representatives from the NHS trust and JV partner
- Attend meetings with Stakeholders to monitor and improve service delivery
- Ensure the contract is delivered to agreed budgetary parameters and manage monthly financial commitment, and maximize revenues and optimize overall expenditure across the contract
- Delivery of hard services including ‘front line’ repair and/or establishment of reactive M&E requirements and site / desk checking of Service Partner works
- Ensure that all aspects of service outputs are delivered to comply with the Operating Contract, Statutory legislation and good working practice at all times to ensure that H&S management obligations are not compromised in respect of the delivery of all FM services
- Ensure that works are delivered in a timely manner to avoid PMS and Unavailability deductions, along with effectively managing in-house and outsourced resources to deliver hard services
- Encourage, motivate & develop site based teams, monitor progress, undertake performance reviews
- Maintain FM management systems for site based operations to ensure that jobs are appropriately logged and reported
- Be the key point of contact within the Trust in relation to the provision of estate maintenance services
- Previous experience of management of FM Contracts and influencing change where required, along with customer facing attitude and excellent team building / people management skills
- Experience in coaching and influencing teams
- Services management experience of people and commercial issues
- Good communication skills with the mental agility to ‘think on feet’ and provide convincing practical solutions
- Strong analytical skills with a strong bias towards P&L financial management
- Intelligent approach to performance monitoring including relevant experience
- Well-developed co-ordination skills
- Proficient IT skills, including Excel, Word & Microsoft office
- Experience of working to ISO 9001 or similar quality system
- Available to respond to out of normal hours emergency situations
- Qualified to ONC/HNC standard in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering/Building Services or Building
- Preferably NEBOSH Qualified
- Previous experience within the PFI arena
- Professional Member of BIFM
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's