|Salary||£64000 - £96000 per annum||Sector||Executive and Management|
As the Head of Environmental Regulation and Quality, you will drive compliance of our environmental statutory requirements whilst contributing to the efficient running of our wastewater asset. This will include regulatory incident review, investigation and event learning. You will be accountable for where we act as the regulatory for trade effluent.
This role will provide the key governance and oversight of our statutory compliance to environmental legislation. Driving and improving our relationship with our principle regulators such as the Environment Agency and working with both Operations and Asset management, you will work towards improving the efficiency and resilience of our Wastewater asset base including sludge and the network.
You will be responsible for the management of 150 members of staff.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Technical process support to the operational business including the process waiver process.
- Building a robust relationship with regulators and providing responses.
- Detailing the “what” and “how” of environmental compliance such as permit management, site operating manuals and process asset standards.
- Process input into project briefs for capital delivery.
- Reducing network pollutions by establishing proactive strategies with operations.
- Work in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Producing catchment area protection plans with a strong focus on eliminating pollutions.
- An experienced senior manager within the water industry.
- Robust understanding of the regulatory environment, wastewater and sludge.
- The ability to forge strong working relationships.
- The ability to role model collaborative behaviours and influence colleagues.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Strong experience in budget management.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with a postgraduate qualification, preferably with a professional chartership with operational focus.
- You will have a passion for continuous professional development and an active approach to driving diversity within the company.
As the Head of Environmental Regulation and Quality, you will be protecting and enhancing the environment within water assets. This is a fantastic opportunity to really make a positive impact and embed a culture of learning across the business to minimise future impact on the environment and positively make your mark.
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension and 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.