Head of Corporate Partnerships
- Job Reference: 00023343-1
- Date Posted: 15 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Farringdon, London
- Salary: £47,000 to £49,000
- Sector: Community & Sport, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
12 Months Maternity Cover
Hours: 35hrs p/w
Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff. Place2Be provides mental health support and training for over 600 primary and secondary schools, reaching a total school population of over 350,000 pupils.
We are looking for a talented, experienced, confident and passionate individual to help drive income from Corporate Partnerships over the next 12 months. Despite the challenges of Covid-19 pandemic, Fundraising has performed well in 2020/21 and we expect to meet this year’s budget, which is testament to the dedication and determination of a high performing team.
You will manage a team of two Corporate Partnerships Managers who each manage a Corporate Partnerships Officer. We have achieved significant growth over the past few years and the team has a budget of £2.5m for this FY. With a real corporate interest in children’s mental health, there is huge potential to further grow income with support from an empowering Director of Fundraising, a committed and invested CEO and a well-connected and effective Development Board.
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
* deliver a corporate partnerships programme which retains existing supporters, engages new corporate support and achieves annual income targets (£2.5m in 20/21)
* maintain a personal portfolio of high value corporate partnerships and ensure that relationships are strengthened and retained
* build relationships with Trustees, our President and key supporters with influence to make the most of their networks
* produce excellent written materials (hardcopy, email and online) to support all aspects of the team’s work
* devise and implement an ambitious corporate partnerships strategy which balances account management with new business development and ensures Place2Be attracts and retains a broad base of support from corporates
* ensure the pipeline of prospective corporate donors is actively managed, with new prospects added on a regular basis and new partnerships secured
The successful candidate will have:
* a track record of achieving income targets - both personally and through leading a team of fundraisers
* leadership experience with demonstrable commitment to staff development and progression
* excellent understanding of finance with experience in the development and management of budgets
* management (including the planning, resourcing, implementation & monitoring) of successful fundraising campaigns involving multiple income streams and rigorous deadlines
* previous experience of securing new corporate supporters from prospect research and managing a pipeline to winning new 6/7-figure partnerships
* strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate and influence others through both verbal and written media and demonstrates the ability to build effective partnerships
Interview dates: Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd October 2020 ZOOM Video Interview
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
* Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
* Robust Learning and Development Programme
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
* Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
* Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK’s most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It’s sensitive and demanding work - but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
Please view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification and APPLY on our website for further details