Head of Commercial - Performance Support TeamLocation:
South West/Hybrid. Will need to travel to Bristol/Devonport on a weekly basis Compensation:
£70,000-£85,000 + agile working, car allowance, bonus, PMIRole Type:
Full time and PermanentRole ID:
SF45968The Difference is You
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as the Head of Commercial at our Devonport or Bristol site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibilityBabcock International and Devonport
The Head of Commercial role is based within our Devonport Royal Dockyard business area.
Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.The role
The difference our new Head of Commercial will make
As the Head of Commercial, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll lead a cross functional team of commercial, project and finance roles who sit within the Nuclear Sector at Babcock and provide central management and governance to Babcock's Future Maritime Support Programme (FMSP) contracts with our customer, the UK Ministry of Defence. As the Head of Commercial within the PST, you will be overseeing a small commercial team.
Day to day, you'll be the glue between the company and the customer. We need you to help find solutions to new and existing problem areas and be calm in your approach. You'll manage a team that will be responsible for a multitude of tasks including fact finding and data analysis.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides agile working arrangements but you will be required to travel once a week into one of our South West sites (Devonport or Bristol) Essential experience
What we offer
- Have excellent governance skills and attention to detail
- Interface with, support and sometime challenge internal stakeholders to ensure we collate accurate reporting data
- Develop excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships at a senior level and can adapt communication style to suit a wide range of audiences
- Have a good understanding of single source contracting (SSCR) in the Defence industry
- Competently make key decisions, within commercial delegations of authority, which commit the business
Generous benefits including:
Babcock International For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Armed Forces Covenant
- Generous holiday allowance of25 days plus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme - save tax and national insurance on shares, with 1 free share per 10 purchased
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Employment development allowance - £125 per year
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reward and Recognition Scheme linked to Health and Safety
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed fForces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.#LI-POST#LI-HYBRIDJob Segment:
Nuclear Engineering, CSR, Engineer, Engineering, Management