|Salary||£16 per hour||Sector||Professional & Admin|
As leader of the Business Taxation section you will have overall responsibility for both UK and oversees tax within the organisation. You and your team will provide advice and guidance on all taxation matters to all staff, and a thorough knowledge of tax legislation and compliance is essential.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Development of policies, procedures and exception reports that ensure compliance with VAT legislation
• Providing advice and guidance to staff throughout the organisation on all aspects of VAT
• Provision of training courses and production of guidance documents on VAT
• Completion and submission of the quarterly VAT returns to HMRC
• Monitoring of imports of goods and services and providing advice on import rules in relation to VAT and duty, including the correct accounting for VAT and completion of returns where necessary
• The assessment of and advice on the tax efficient structuring of complex proposals and schemes relating to proposed activities and undertakings in the UK
• Providing strategic advice and guidance on the tax implications of activities overseas including the optimal structuring of projects to ensure not only compliance with legal requirements but also tax minimisation
• Providing advice to departments on the correct categorisation of activities for corporation tax purposes
• Completion of and submission of the annual Corporation tax return
What you will need to be considered for this role:
• A professional CCAB (or equivalent) qualification
• Extensive knowledge of all aspects of taxation within the UK
• Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Able to proactively develop team dynamics and performance
• Able to explain financial concepts to non-finance professionals
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.