Head of Asset Management
|Job Title:||Head of Asset Management|
|Salary:||£59000 - £85000|
|Start Date:||2019-05-28 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Downey|
|Job Published:||May 28, 2019 09:51|
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is the UK’s biggest public service department, with a property portfolio of over 800 properties. The portfolio principally comprises front of house Job Centres (JCPs) and Medical Examination Centres (MECs), and an Operational and Corporate Centre office estate. Most of the estate is leasehold interest and includes colocation with Local Authority and Central Government bodies.
The DWP Estates Directorate (Estates) have recently exited a 20-year PFI contract and have embedded a new operating model transforming the way they deliver real estate services to the Department. As part of the operating model transformation, Sodexo have been engaged as the ‘Integrator’ to work with Estates and their supply chain to identify and deliver service delivery effectiveness and efficiencies.
As Head of Asset Management, you will be responsible for leading the Asset Management Team and providing strategic direction in the delivery of the asset management services for the DWP contract through the application of ISO 55001 and IAM process playbook. The role holder will engage with and influence across the DWP Senior Leadership Team ensuring that Asset Management policy and process influences strategic thinking and investment decisions so that the Client is maximising benefit from its asset base for its employees and stakeholders.Package description
Salary up to £85,00 depending on experience
25 days holiday, flexible benefit fund (healthcare etc), bonus, pension scheme and access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts
- In partnership with the DWP and working closely with other Real Estate Functional Leads to produce an asset management policy, strategy and roadmap for DWP which supports the delivery of its Estates Strategy and Network Plan
- To lead the asset management team and service in accordance with the detailed solution acting as a trusted advisor to the Client
- Ensure connectedness with the Sodexo Operations Function so that FM performance on PPM and Reactive Services is assured in a timely and diligent way
- Managing the Functional Client relationship with the DWP Risk and Compliance Function
- Lead on Lifecycle Planning and Investment working closely with DWP Service Delivery Function
- Manage relationships with DWP tower service providers across the Estates Operating Model as appropriate to support Asset Management imperatives
- Collaborating with Sodexo Service Operations and Transversal Functions to apply best practice from the wider business, for the benefit of the Client
- Review all significant business cases, strategy and cash flow modelling in relation to asset management projects, offering insight and expertise to the wider team.
- Provide recommendations to the DWP concerning asset replacement and associated investment decisions.
- Engage relevant Functional Leads within Sodexo to share and exchange best practice
- Develop the asset management team, ensuring all statutory, mandatory and professional development plans are delivered.
- Chartered Engineer
- Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience within asset management
- Proven track record heading up and leading successful asset management functions
- Experience working at a senior level in engineering or related field
- Strong customer relationship management tools and techniques
- Extensive knowledge of PAS 55 or ISO55000
- CAFM knowledge
- Asset management qualification
- Desired knowledge of the FM estate industries
- Consulting experience
- Strong organisational skills & ability to prioritise & manage complex projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to work with people at all levels and across functions
- Experience of working in a multi-site complex estate
- Strong project management skills
- Client focussed mind set and able to build client relationships at all levels
- Self-motivated, proactive and work well under pressure
- Flexible and able to cope with ambiguity
- Team player
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's