|Salary||£22000 - £25000 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
Location: Gosport - Hampshire
Contract type: Permanent F/T
Hourly rate/Salary: £22,000pa
This role offers an excellent opportunity to take on a position, overseeing a team of housekeepers at a reputable care home in Gosport. This role offers an excellent work life balance and salary.
In this role you will be working alongside the Deputy and Home Managers, to ensure all cleaning standards are maintained in line with internal, CQC and statutory guidelines. You will be responsible for your own team of 5-6 housekeepers.
- Your start date would be ASAP
- This is a permanent, full-time position
- Your key working hours would be between 8am and 4pm, 5 days per week, with a 30 minute break.
- You will be working a combination of Weekday and Weekend Shifts, however it is not compulsory to work every weekend.
- Salary is £22,000pa
- You will oversee the effective running of Cleaning and Laundry duties for rooms and communal areas
- You will ensure the safety, privacy and welfare of the residents is paramount at all times
- You will be planning and supervising the work schedule and staff roster for the cleaning and housekeeping team.
- You will ensure staffing levels are adequate to maintain standards at all times, including weekdays and weekends.
- You will lead the Housekeeping team from the front, as well as running 1-2-1’s and supervision meetings with the team on a regular basis.
- You will ensure the team is up to date with all statutory regulations and training.
- You will have a strong understanding of the Housekeeping needs of a registered care home
- You must have experience of managing/supervising staff
- A values-based approach to your work, colleagues and residents
- You’ll possess a “can-do” attitude, while maintaining a professional and caring approach.
- You must have a strong command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- You’ll have good IT skills and be able to effectively use emails and Microsoft word etc.
- You should have a flexible approach to work and the ability to work unsupervised.
- You must have practical knowledge of infection control procedures, health and safety, COSHH etc.
- You should also show good standards of personal presentation.
- Extensive training is provided and there are continuous chances for personal development
- A smart uniform is provided free of charge
- Paid overtime available
- Excellent location
- Free on-site parking
- Less than 2 miles from central Gosport
- 2 minute walk from nearest Bus stop
- 4.5 miles from Fareham train station
- Free parking on site.
- DBS check – any previous criminal record
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Click APPLY today. We promise to reply to every application within 7 working days.