|Salary||£40000 - £45000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Heritage Portfolio brand as Head Chef at our production kitchen in Edinburgh.
The successful candidate will ensure the timely, efficient preparation and delivery of all food offers to a portfolio of client events across Edinburgh and will support the Regional Executive Chef in driving culinary excellence across the region.
Heritage Portfolio is a Scottish-based specialist caterer working for discerning clients in a variety of buildings of distinction with the aim of creating ‘an experience beyond food’. They push the boundaries of creative events delivery where they work on a ‘dining experience’ rather than a 3-course dinner. They operate seamlessly as a team where the event designers, chefs and operators sing the same symphony when it comes to event planning and running their fantastic cafes within leading visitor attractions. This is why clients choose them to cater their events – they are safe in the knowledge that the experience will be one which will never be forgotten.Package description
£40,000 - £45,000 + 10% performance led bonus + benefitsMain responsibilities
- Support the regional executive chef to deliver against high expectations across the Heritage Portfolio business including supporting client tastings, chef briefings, food safety compliance, operational standards, and event production and delivery
- Strive for culinary excellence and aim to exceed client expectations
- Maintain and demonstrate a knowledge of current food trends and have the ability to bring innovation into the food offers in the events business
- Effectively plan, execute and monitor exceptional food safety and health & safety standards
- Support the Heritage Portfolio management team in successfully achieving all financial targets
- Recruit, develop and retain a skilled pool of chefs
- Manage a complex logistics operation
- Demonstrable experience in a high volume catering environment – major events or banqueting operations
- Fine dining background gained in hotels, restaurants or contract catering
- A passionate interest in the catering industry – knowledge of current trends, well read, eats out in interesting restaurants on a regular basis, talks about and gets excited about food
- A competent communicator and ability to present to colleagues, peers and clients
- Financial awareness and understanding of a food profit and loss account and articulate how to control food cost and generate a positive food margin
- Evidence of being organised and possess excellent planning skills
- An intermediate level Food Hygiene qualification
- Ability to competently use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proven ability to manage and lead a team of chefs
- Supervising Food Safely Level 3 qualification
- IOSH Managing Safely or similar qualification
- Previous Sous Chef role or Head chef in a smaller operation
- Experience in the delivery of retail food operations
- Production kitchen knowledge and/or experience
- Experience of working with clients in a contract catering environment
- Staff training experience or qualification
Sodexo added Heritage Portfolio into its Sports & Leisure segment in 2017 as part of its global acquisition of Centerplate. Since then, Heritage Portfolio, Sodexo, Centerplate and London-based Peyton & Byrne have been working in harmony to deliver events, retail and catering at some of the UK and Ireland’s most spectacular venues, including Mansfield Traquair, The Signet Library, V&A Dundee, the National Library and The Royal Academy of Arts.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.