|Location||Plymouth, Devon||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Company Benefits||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Head Chef - £26,000 - Hotel - Plymouth
We are a beautiful hotel in Plymouth which is part of a small chain of hotels. We are currently looking to recruit a Head Chef to lead the kitchen brigade. This hotel prides itself on the great customer service it provides and you will be at the forefront of delivering the food that the hotel expects. Working a straight shift pattern and a 5/7 day week you will be expected to work hours as required but will generally be between 45 - 50 hours per week. We cater for a lot of functions and conferences so we are looking for experience in this nature in hotels from the relevant candidate.
Main duties and responsibilities of the Head Chef
* To prepare food for service with a focus on high standards of presentation, quality and portion control.
* To negotiate with suppliers
* To ensure all food production and storage areas within the venue are maintained
* Manage people and activities
* Take responsibility for health & safety within their teams.
* Experience at Head Chef or Sous Chef level in a hotel environment
* Qualified to NVQ Level 1 or 2
* Passionate about food
* Can lead and motivate and can demonstrate excellent culinary skill
* Competitive Salary
* Meals on duty
* Use of facilities
* 28 days Holiday Inc. bank holidays.
Candidates will be expected to deliver a high level of customer service and possess excellent communication, leadership and budgetary skills. Previous experience working within the hospitality or events industry in a supervisor or managerial position is essential.
This is a superb opportunity for highly motivated, well organised ambitious individuals