We are currently recruiting a Head Chef to deliver fresh food for up to 90 patients at University College Hospital. If you have a passion for fresh food and you are looking for that next step in your culinary career, this is an excellent opportunity to showcase your skills!
As a Head Chef you will plan, organise and co-ordinate the delivery of all services in line with the Service Level Agreement for patients, staff and visitors. This includes the delivery of fresh patient meals to the ward areas whilst also overseeing a small retail outlet café.
If you have a passion for food and innovation, are skilled in fresh food delivery, this may just be the job for you!
Please note, this role is primarily a Monday to Friday role with occasional weekend / evening work required to meet business needs.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
- Lead the delivery and production of quality fresh food in line with the Service Level Agreement for staff, visitors and patients
- Order and control stock levels and administration
- Ensure achievement of high levels of client and service user satisfaction, monitoring on regular basis
- Manage, develop and inspire the management of the existing team to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required
- Nurture client relationships in order to develop them for a long term partnership
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure the weekly rotas are complete in the correct time frame and labour is managed within budget agreements
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as a Supervisor or Chef Manager
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Flexible, with the ability to work under pressure
- NVQ level 2 Food Production certificate or equivalent
- Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate is desirable
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.