Head Chef - Activity Centre - Salary of £22,850 - £26,391 per annum - Lyndhurst
Our client is looking for a Head Chef to run the kitchen at a busy activity Centre in the Lyndhurst area of the New Forest.
This is a great opportunity for someone to work in the kitchen environment and also have a life work balance.
As a chef you will work 35hrs contract but there will be extra hours each week which is part of the job.
5/7 days - but you don't work every night or weekend it is on a rota base.
Overtime is not paid.
This post may involve substantial access to young people and it may be a requirement under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 that you undergo a criminal record disclosure check
NVQ or City & Guilds Chef Qualifications are essential. Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is also advantageous.
- 35 hours contract
- 25 days of paid holiday per year plus bank holidays. This increases after two years of service to 26 days, and then a further one day for every two years of service up to a maximum of 30 days after ten years of service
- Free parking
- Salary of £22,850 - £26,391 per annum
- Prepare and serve meals to the required standard
- Train and develop the kitchen team
- Health & Safety/food hygiene compliance
- Stock control and ordering
- Experience at Chef Manager, Head Chef or Sous Chef level in a quality restaurant
- Ability to work well as a team
- A willingness to develop the kitchen team
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please click the "APPLY" button.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.