|Salary||£35000.00 per annum||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Role: Head Chef
Salary: £35k per annum
Hours: 40hrs per week. 5/7 - Occasional evening & weekends may be required
As Head Chef you will be responsible for organising the day to day operations of the kitchen and its staff, i.e., chefs, porters and general assistants, For this reputable private school in Bristol.
- To organise the planning, preparation, cooking and presentation of food to the standards required by the company and the client.
- To ensure that the company's reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
- To control portion size and monitor waste.
- To ensure supplies are correctly issued, used and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures.
- To maintain records relating to food production activities and supplier information as required by the Catering Manager.
- To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy.
- To set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchens including supervising the recruitment and selection process to ensure that if effectively meets the need of the location
- To assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- To hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information.
- To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To be customer focused at all times, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- To ensure all food is cooked, presented and served in line with company standards as outlined in the Restaurant and Grab & Go guides, using innovation in the method and style of presentation and food service.
- To ensure that you deliver what you promise to the customer, client and team.
- To ensure that all agreed service objectives are met in line with client expectations.
- To deal with complaints about food in accordance with the company's procedure.
- To assess kitchen team performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- To ensure training is carried out in line with the company training policy to meet the needs and requirements
- To ensure that all employees are knowledgeable and motivated about their roles and the business through effective induction, accurate job descriptions and on the job training.
- To develop the team by empowering them, supporting them, encouraging them and maintaining an 'open door' policy.
- To motivate and lead by example, ensuring you and your team have fun at work and are proud of your efforts.
- To treat your team at location as you would expect to be treated.
- To ensure that all standards of food preparation and service are established and achieved in line with location budget.
- To consistently look at ways of maximising income through effective purchasing via nominated suppliers and creative merchandising.
- To maintain budgetary records and ensure that all budgets are adhered to, unless exceptional circumstances arise.
- To order all necessary food, dry goods and equipment, obtaining best buys in line with directives from Supply Chain.
- To complete, on a weekly basis, a stock take and evaluate and calculate the cost of sales results, in line with operational standards that may be updated from time to time
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
- To ensure that all kitchens meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety, Food Safety and environment legislations and procedures.
- To conduct Food Safety and Health and Safety Risk Assessments and ensure that all standards and procedures with regard to Hygiene and Safety are established and maintained in line with the company manual.
- To ensure all kitchen staff and high risk food handlers are trained to the appropriate standard.
- To ensure all appropriate staff are trained on the use and cleaning of dangerous equipment.
- To ensure all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order.
- To make recommendations for renewal and replacement of equipment when required.
- To establish and maintain location cleaning schedules.
- To ensure that all company procedures and work instructions are fully understood and practised by all employees.
- To attend all health and safety training courses as required.
- To promote and encourage environment improving initiative, as appropriate within the business.
If you are interested in this role or other opportunities available with Blue Arrow please send thorough a CV to Robert.email@example.com or call 01635 34949. We are always looking for passionate and professional individuals across all catering categories, front and back of house. For a full list of vacancies please send an email to the above address
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process