|Salary||£18000 - £20000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Sodexo are currently looking for a Head Chef to lead catering operations at our prestigious client site in Preston. This is an exciting opportunity that would suit an experienced chef who is looking to take on management responsibilities.
This role is to cover maternity leave until 01 August 2019.
The successful candidate will be require DBS standard security vetting due to the high-security nature of the site.Package description
- £18,000 - £20,000 per annum + benefits
- Fixed term until 01 August 2019
- Work in the kitchen assisting in the daily preparation of food, making inroads & innovations into creating food concepts, promotions, health eating and sustainable fish options
- Comply with all company and client policies and statutory regulations relating to health & safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include awareness of any specific hazards in the workplace and training of staff in these
- Ensure all training is carried out weekly ensuring we are compliant with health & safety and food safety
- Plan and cost menus to meet the food service offer specified in the contract using Recipe Online and Chef's Work to ensure compliance with fixed food cost. Ensure compliance with menu planning, ordering and stock control procedures, ordering from Sodexo nominated suppliers
- Carry out craft training to improve production skills within the unit to ensure emphasis on healthy eating, presentation and promotions
- Ensure that control of raw materials and portions are to the company's standards and that food is served at the correct temperatures
- Ensure the store person receives and checks in goods against invoice for quantity and quality ensured temperature records are maintained
- Ensure all costs and expenditure is within the budgeted levels agreed between the client and Sodexo. Control all costs such as labour, expenses, cash purchases and stock as agreed with your line manager
- Walk the floor during service periods to ensure that excellent levels of service are being delivered, speak to customers to gain feedback on the service provided. On a daily basis complete pre and post service briefings
- Hold 706/1 & 706/2 or equivalent, RIPHH and IOSH Certificates
- Working knowledge of cook chill catering
- Working knowledge HACCAP
- Driving Licence
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.