Head Chef - Comprehensive School - Oxford - £25,000 - Monday to Friday
|Job Title:||Head Chef - Comprehensive School - Oxford - £25,000 - Monday to Friday|
|Salary:||£25000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rob Jones|
|Job Published:||March 14, 2019 16:30|
This is an excellent & popular comprehensive school for pupils aged 7-13 year old. Under the supervision of the General Catering Manager, you will be responsible for organising the day to day operations of the kitchen and its staff, i.e., chefs, porters and general assistants.
As part of a large multi-kitchen, it's important that you are friendly, outgoing person since contact between the managers, supervisors & clients is paramount to the success of the business.
* Role: Head Chef
* Salary: £25,000 up to £28,000
* Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
* Working term time plus inset day, one week of training and summer school. Closed from Christmas and the remainder of other school holiday periods.
* Managing your own team of 8 within a large split-site secondary school, reporting directly to the general catering manager.
* Breakfast, lunch, hospitality daily, inset day and regular promotions.
* 1,000+ students plus staff based at this site with a good uptake on all services.
* Assist with the launch of a brand new coffee shop catering outlet opening in mid-2019.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintain & improve standards of service in relation to all procedures, staff and food -production.
* Ensure that catering deadlines are met.
* To ensure that the operation complies with all current Health & Safety, HACCP, COSHH and Food Safety regulations together with the Catering Manual and any additions made there to as well as any additional requirements laid down by the School Trust.
* Assist the Catering Manager in the implementation and monitoring of all departmental training & development plans.
* To supervise, motivate, coach & team build.
* To lead the kitchen at all functions and other arranged events.
* Provide assistance to the Catering Manager and, in their absence the Deputy Catering Manager, or department in any area that is suited to your experience or skill set
* You will be expected to step in and cover staff sickness and shortfalls, which could be at short notice and if no alternative can be arranged.
* Maintain and encourage in others the strictest of hygiene disciplines.
* Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
* Employer offers a contribution to a Group Personal Pension.
* Life insurance scheme
* Meals provided during your working hours.
* Full uniform (including safety shoes).
If you are interested and would like to find out more about this role, please call Sam at Newbury Blue Arrow T: 01635 34949 or apply online
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK at the time of application Blue Arrow Catering and Hospitality currently has an extensive range of catering roles; temporary, interim and permanent. See our website or get in touch for more details
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Nursery Cook - Monday to Friday
£9 - £9.5 per hour, Benefits: sociable horus
£9.50 per hour
Head Chef - Independent School - Bristol - £35k
£35000.00 per annum
Deputy Catering Manager - Independent School - Oxford - Up to £
Up to £31500.00 per annum
Chef Manager - - 5* Care Home - Oxford - Up to £32000
£28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum