Position: Head Chef
Location: Cirencester, GL7
Sector: Pubs, Bar & Restaurant
Salary: £30,000 to £32,000 P/A
Type: Permanent, Straight shifts
My client is recruiting for a Head Chef for a stunning local, Real ale village pub. Classic British food, all served up in venerable rustic inn with period fire places and lawn terrace.
With the recent new owner taking over, now the perfect time for a head chef to join the team, to make his mark and create new and exciting food, to make it a real destination venue for any food loving person.
Main Duties and Responsibilities as a Head Chef:
- Design seasonal menus with exciting specials
- Control and direct the food preparation process
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Building strong relationships with suppliers ensuring quality ingredients sourced at competitive prices
- Controlling of stock to limit wastage, maintain and seek to improve GP%
- Monthly stock count with prompt reporting of figures to finance
- Notify faulty equipment to GM / Exec Group Chef, co-ordinate and assist with access to facilities for repairs when necessary
- Be involved in recruiting for your kitchen
- Organise weekly rotas, ensuring holidays planned efficiently
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standard
What You Need to Be a Successful Head Chef
- Proven experience as a Head Chef in delivering exceptional dishes in a time pressured environment, taking responsibility for the quality of each and every dish served.
- Wedding and event experience are a must
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- A can-do attitude
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Be able to priorities task and have good time management
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimised kitchen processes
- A confident, self-motivated, driven and professional person
- Excellent management skills and financial understanding
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Culinary science related certificates
If you are interested in this role or other opportunities available with Blue Arrow please send thorough a CV or call 01635 34949. We are always looking for passionate and professional individuals across all catering categories, front and back of house. For a full list of vacancies please send an email to the above address
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.