|Salary||Up to £38,000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef to join us in leading an on-site team to provide an excellent catering service. You will lead a high performing team of chefs within a busy brigade, ensuring that all areas of the operation are working effectively across a five-day operation.
Up to £38,000 depending on experience
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!Main responsibilities
- To regularly monitor customer feedback and ensure all issues are dealt with satisfactorily and any areas of concern are handed over to the GSM to follow up
- To be customer focused at all times, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs
- Responsibility for food provision for a site population of 3000 people.
- Recruit, induct, motivate, manage and develop all employees following Sodexo HR policy and guide-lines
- Role model the focus on five behaviours to improve engagement, enhance performance and retain Investors in People accreditation
- Ensure the prompt provision and efficient service of all meals and catering requirements at the specified time to the standards laid down in the KPI's.
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth and cost efficiencies within the contract and external market
- Complete regular spot checks of kitchen services to ensure that the Company's documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the laid down standard.
- Proven experience in managing and leading a kitchen team within a hotel environment
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments & innovation
- Strong front of house presence with ability to engage with senior clients
- Strong financial understanding and demonstrable budgeting management
- Strong communication, and negotiation skills
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- IOSH managing safely qualification
- CIEH Level 3 qualification
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.