|Salary||£36,000 - £39,000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Are you a passionate Head Chef with a keen interest in the latest trends and industry developments? Are you skilled in fresh food delivery and customer service? If so, this is an excellent opportunity to enhance your career at the prestigious UCL.
This position will suit an ambitious foodie, with a passion for innovation, who is skilled in fresh food delivery. We are looking for an organised team player to lead the catering operation for the halls of residence. You will give focus to the daily service delivery and production of high quality exciting food for daily student feeding, student outlets and functions and events.
Please note this role may include occasional weekend / evening work to meet business needs.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.Main responsibilities
- Lead the delivery and production of quality food for a busy university student feeding operation across all food outlets providing breakfast and dinner plus a weekend brunch service
- Manage, develop and inspire the management of the existing team to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required.
- Develop the hospitality offering and the engineering of menus and food innovation for the site
- Order and control stock levels and administration
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation, costings and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
- Previous experience in a similar Head Chef role, with excellent craft skills
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Level 3 Food Safety and Food Hygiene Certification, or equivalent
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.