|Job Title:||Head Chef|
|Salary:||Up to £32,000|
|Start Date:||2019-07-30 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Davina Healey|
|Job Published:||July 30, 2019 11:11|
Sodexo have an exciting opportunity for a Head Chef to lead catering operations at our prestigious client site based in West Sussex.
As a key member of the team you will be responsible for maintaining standards and ensuring you deliver a quality service to the client and stakeholders.Package description
Up to £32,000 depending on experience + benefitsMain responsibilities
- Work in the kitchen assisting in the daily preparation of food, making roads and innovations into creating food concepts, promotions and healthy eating.
- Comply with all company and client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health and Safety, Safe Working Practices, Hygiene, Cleanliness, Fire and COSHH. This will include awareness of any specific hazards in the workplace and training of staff in these.
- Plan and cost menus to meet the food service offer specified in the contract to ensure compliance with fixed food cost. Ensure compliance with menu planning, ordering and stock control procedures — ordering from Sodexo nominated suppliers.
- Ensure all costs and expenditure is within the budgeted levels agreed between the client and Sodexo. Control all costs such as labour, expenses, cash purchases and stock as agreed with your Line Manager.
- Ensure all team members receive the appropriate statutory training as may be necessary to perform their job and improve performance and promotion prospects.
- Ensure there is adequate cover in the kitchen at all times; plan work schedules according to skills and abilities whilst maximising flexibility; plan holidays to achieve "self cover" where possible. Cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness.
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service which Sodexo provide.
- Assist at any special ad hoc functions, some of which may occur outside working hours.
- • Will deliver a consistent level of service, within the company's standards to the contract specification and agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets
- • Comply with company and statutory regulations relating to safe systems of work, health & safety, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH.
- • Hold 706/1 & 706/2 or equivalent, RIPHH and IOSH Certificates
- • Working knowledge of Cook Chill Catering
- • Work knowledge of HACCAP
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's