|Job Title:||Head Chef|
|Salary:||£11.32 - £11.32|
|Start Date:||2019-07-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Marie Bowen|
|Job Published:||July 16, 2019 14:08|
To ensure that the catering services are delivered at the required times to the company’s standards, within the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets. To take responsibility for food production, to include craft team management / ordering commodities / assisting with stock takes / updating stats and completion of Recipe On Line planning. Responsibility for menu cycle and special dish development / catering committee tastings. Craft Training / Team Building / Assist with Craft Team Recruitment & InterviewingPackage description
- 20 days paid annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company sick pay after 6 months of service.
- Company pension scheme.
- Childcare vouchers are available.
- Employment discount program
- We offer comprehensive benefits that let full- and part-time employees choose the plans that are right for them
- We guarantee all employees will receive respect and fair treatment
- Ensuring a safe and secure workplace
- Providing training on-the-job, online and in classroom settings that help you excel in your current job and advance to positions of greater responsibility
- Opening the doors to higher education
- An employee incentive scheme
- Meet the demands of customers by providing the right catering services within the agreed SLA and contract agreement
- Assist the teams under your control to manage the quality and hygiene of the food cycle from preparation through to delivery.
- Actively enforce relevant statutory, company and site OH&S compliance through out the unit
- Motivate and lead the craft team to perform their roles to a high standard and in alignment with Sodexo policies and procedures
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth within the contract and external market
- Manage menu development, including providing tasting sessions if required to the client catering committee.
- Proven experience in managing and leading a kitchen team
- Catering qualifications at 706 1 / 2 or equivalent as a minimum
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments & innovations
- Strong financial understanding and demonstrable budgeting management
- Experienced in adhering to and driving company initiatives
- Personal innovation and passion
- Demonstrative customer focus and service skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
- IT literate
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head Chef - Maidstone
Up to £26500 per annum
Head Chef - Windsor
Up to £33000.00 per annum
Chef Manager / Head Chef - College
£27000.00 - £29000.00 per annum + Negotiable
Head Chef / Kitchen Manager
£20000 - £28000 per annum
HEAD CHEF - £28K - DAYTIME HOURS
Up to £28000.00 per annum