|Job Title:||Head Chef|
|Location:||Smethwick, West Midlands|
|Salary:||Up to £28000.00 per annum + negotiable|
|Contact Name:||Blue Arrow|
|Job Published:||July 03, 2019 16:22|
Blue Arrow are recruiting for a head chef role for our client based in Birmingham nr Erdington
This is a Full Time, Monday to Friday, 52 week contract. Joining an already established team with a sous chef and two CDP's, into a kitchen about to undergo a £2,000,000 refurbishment.
Your responsibilities will be
- To plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company and the client, ensuring that the company's reputation for excellent food and service is maintained
- To control portion size and monitor waste.
- To ensure supplies are correctly issued, used and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures.
- To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy.
- To set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen including supervising the recruitment and selection process to ensure that if effectively meets the needs of the location
- To assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- To ensure compliance with the company's policy on safer recruitment and safeguarding children and young adults at all times whilst at work.
- Have proven experience working at this level in a high volume kitchen, preferably within the education sector but all experience will be considered
- Be able and willing to undergo an enhanced DBS check (at cost to client) for working with children in a school environment
- Be able to lead and manage a brigade of chefs as well as work alongside other catering management to ensure smooth running of operations
The benefits for the successful applicant include
- Highly competitive salary and fantastic work/life balance
- Free parking on site
- Excellent prospects of progression within one of the largest catering companies in the UK
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in, please apply with your CV or call Sebastian directly on 01905 724549 or 01216 324477
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's