Hawk T2 Senior Supervisor B6T (Depth Lates)
About the role
Here at Babcock International, we’re looking to recruit a Senior Supervisor Mechanical.
You’ll be responsible for meeting agreed delivery targets, undertaking a range of detailed maintenance activities on an aircraft or component, demonstrating the ability to use diagnostic techniques as required. You’ll maintain airworthiness through appropriate task authorisation on an aircraft or aircraft component. You will report to the Maintenance Manager (MM) through the Deputy Maintenance Manager (DMM) for the efficient and effective daily operation of activities iaw applicable means of compliance.
The main tasks could include but not limited to:
• Carry out all authority Level G tasks that do not require additional authorization criteria - subject to any limitations imposed by the authorizing authority
• Sign 2nd signature for supervision of work within trade boundary, regardless of 1st signatory's rank
• Authorized to sign 2nd signature for supervision of work outside trade boundary, regardless of 1st signatory's rank if authorised (limitations are stipulated by MM or DMM)
• Carry out self-supervised activities within own trade if authorised
• Condition technical equipment as ‘serviceable’ ‘unserviceable’ inside trade boundary.
• Specify extent of independent inspections in source trade and outside source trade where authorised.
• Specify extent of independent inspections, when he/she has supervised or taken part in original maintenance task to which independent inspection relates.
What do I need to do the role?
• 5 years supervisory experience.
• Supervisors in Aviation.
• Training in an Aircraft related discipline to City & Guilds 2675 Level 3 or equivalent
• Quality and Air Safety Management Systems Training
What else do I need to know?
• The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you’ve completed this you’ll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week’s special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.