|Location||Peterborough, Cambridgeshire||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||Up to £23000.00 per annum||Sector||Facilities|
My client is seeking a handyman to provide efficient and effective caretaking support to their project including ensuring the security and general appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards at their site in Peterborough.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for all planned preventative maintenance on site, including but not limited to proactive and reactive work.
* To assist with minor plumbing including unblocking sinks and drains etc.
* To deal with minor repairs where necessary as instructed by the client and/ or facility manager.
* To deal with minor electrical repairs and fixings.
* Responsible for the PAT testing and maintenance of all electrical equipment on site.
* Regularly check external areas for any potential danger to people on site.
* Assist with deliveries and general portage duties.
*Changing light bulbs and ensuring other fixtures and fittings are in good working order
*Rewiring, changing fuses, junction boxes etc.
*Clearing or cleaning general areas
*Shifting furniture or equipment
*Assembling furniture or equipment
*Painting and decorating
*Changing filters on air conditioning systems
*Maintaining property exterior through the different seasons
* Competent at basic building repairs and maintenance.
* Use of small industrial/electrical/mechanical equipment.
* Knowledge of health and safety procedures and precautions, including COSHH regulations and an awareness of health and hygiene procedures.
* Literacy and Numeracy skills sufficient to check delivery notes, measurements etc.
* Able to regularly handle/carry items.
*Ability to resolve problems and adhere to health and safety guidelines
*Ability to deal with other contractors or maintenance workers
*Being resourceful and self-motivated
*Physically strong - capable of working with machinery or moving heavy equipment
*Able to resolve complaints quickly and efficiently
*Able to work as part of a team
*Good communication skills
At certain points of the day the post holder will be expected to undertake bending, lifting and stretching in the course of their duties e.g. minor maintenance work, remedial painting and decorating, repairs to fixing, receiving deliveries of goods and equipment, setting out and putting away furniture.
*A minimum of 2 years' working experience in a similar role.
*Solid experience with plumbing and electrical systems.
*Ability to work with hardware tools and power equipment.
*Extremely organized with good communication skills.
*Detail-orientated with an aptitude for problem-solving.