Group Technical Manager
- Job Reference: 00046067-1
- Date Posted: 25 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Bothwell, Lanarkshire
- Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
- Sector: Transport & Logistics
- Job Type: Permanent
Scotch Frost of Glasgow Ltd is a leading supplier of Oriental food, beverage and catering supplies to restaurants and takeaways throughout the UK. We operate nationally with strategically placed sites located in Glasgow, Harlow and Newcastle.
We value excellent service and product safety above all else and we pride ourselves on our product range, innovation, best value and dedication to our customers.
Our product range covers ambient, chilled and frozen products and in 2020 we launched a home delivery service; bringing our food industry knowledge and professionalism to households across the UK.
We have recently achieved BRCGS accreditation, Grade B, at our Glasgow site; which is a Globally recognised standard for Storage & Distribution and a true reflection of our commitment to quality, safety and service for our customers. Further investment has also enabled us to upgrade our IT infrastructure and improvements such as this allow us to be at the forefront of food supply in the UK; both now and as we look ahead to future expansion.
Health & Safety remains a fundamental priority for us and we are committed to maintaining a safe working environment for all team members; particularly as a result of the current Coronavirus pandemic. Strict adherence to preventative measures such as enhanced cleaning procedures, provision of personal protective equipment (PPE), social distancing and hygiene protocols at each of our sites; not only protects the safety and wellbeing of our people, but also their families and wider communities in which we serve.
What's on Offer?
Rate of Pay:
Up to £40,000 - dependant on experience
Permanent Contract - immediate start
Both Full-time and Part-time shifts considered
Company uniform provided, 29 days holiday entitlement, NEST Pension Scheme, training, continuous investment in your professional development, employee discount and free car parking on-site.
We are currently looking for an experienced and proactive Group Technical Manager to join us at our Head Office based in Bothwell, Glasgow. This is an exciting time to join the Company during a significant period of change. Our Technical team play a crucial part in our overall operations, as they are integral to maintaining our high standards of food safety and quality across Scotch Frost Group (SFG) at all times.
You will have a strong analytical skills, accompanied with a high attention to detail, excellent communication and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You will have experience of working in a technical role within the FMCG industry; a team player who has a true commitment and natural curiosity towards food safety. You are confident when making decisions, with an appetite for continuous improvement.
Typical Duties / Tasks
As part of the Senior Management Team, you will proactively and effectively support the company with the implementation of Food Safety standards across Scotch Frost of Glasgow Ltd. You will drive a high level of Food Safety standards, working in partnership across 3 Depots within Scotch Frost Group (SFG) in developing and enhancing our GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) Certification. You will have a significant influence in developing robust and comprehensive systems to ensure Regulatory compliance across our 3 Depots, whilst ensuring that all products distributed meet our exacting customer specifications.
* Overseeing the functionality of the Technical Department
* Operating within and ensuring compliance of Brand Reputation Compliance Global Standards (BRCGS) at all times
* Advising and reporting to the Senior Management Team and Directors in relation to Food Safety related issues
* Developing a Technical Improvement Plan in conjunction with the Senior Management Team
* Instigating root cause analysis when investigating non-conformities and developing appropriate corrective actions
* Ensuring all Depots have an effective Food Safety Management System in place, and overseeing document control
* Compliance with all Food Safety and HACCP requirements, ensuring product integrity at all times
* Development and Implementation of HACCP and other food safety based Risk Assessments
* Developing the company’s Internal Audit Program, and ensuring its effectiveness
* Measurement of data and identification of trends; proactively seeking the development and implementation of operational improvements within existing processes
* Facilitate the development of all team members through mentoring and coaching
* Conduct investigations following supplier / customer enquiries or complaints
* Liaison with the Procurement team to maintain the company’s supply chain standards
* Contribute to the implementation of a digital Stock Management System
* Provision of information and data to Management as required, inclusive of Report writing
* Ensure adherence to relevant Health & Safety requirements contained within Risk Assessments and standard operating procedures at all times
* Develop and maintain positive and effective relationships across all functions within SFG.
Please note: This list is not exhaustive; therefore, responsibilities may vary on a daily basis.
What You’ll Need
* At least 3 Years’ experience working in a technical role within the FMCG industry
* Educated to Degree Level within a food-based discipline
* Demonstrable evidence of Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) Certification experience
* Level 3 HACCP Qualification
* Demonstrable evidence of ensuring compliance within the BRCGS framework for storage and distribution
* Knowledge of HACCP and Food Safety Quality Management Systems
* Strong analytical and organisational skills
* Leads with accuracy and attention to detail
* Coaching, mentoring & leading teams
* Internal auditing experience
* Training facilitator
* Good influencing and persuading skills, with the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships at all levels
* Proactive approach with the ability to react to changing demands and adaptable workloads.
Apply with a current CV that demonstrates your Food Safety / Technical Management experience, inclusive of your desired Salary, and we’ll aim to get back to you as soon as possible!
Scotch Frost of Glasgow Ltd (and associated divisions) will not accept any unsolicited CVs from recruiters or Employment Agencies in response to this role