Group Financial Controller
|Job Title:||Group Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£60000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-10-14 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jonathan Hathrill|
|Job Published:||July 17, 2019 11:48|
As Group Financial Controller you will play an integral part of the senior management team. You will ensure the accurate and timely provision of relevant data which will allow the business to make the right strategic and operational decisions. Additionally, you will provide incisive financial commentary and the right level of commercial challenge to the wider team to support continuing profitable growth and business expansion. We are looking for someone who will provide sound stewardship of cash, accounting standards, business control, operational discipline and risk management.
Your responsibilities will include;
• Manage and regularly review the company's financial reporting systems to monitor financial performance, leading the embedding of new systems and/or processes as appropriate (eg EPOS)
• Construct annual budgets/targets for each department against which to compare actual results on a monthly/quarterly and annual basis with the support of the directors
• Provide regular and relevant management information to board against budget and forecast and make recommendations to improve business effectiveness, profitability and address shortfalls
• Maximise company working capital and stock to maximise profitability
• Produce year end accounts file to trial balance and liaise with Company Auditors to ensure production of accurate and cost effective year end accounts.
• Provide ongoing input into the direction of business growth, creating detailed analysis of any capital expenditure, investment or strategic contracting
• Create, develop and implement operational plans for IT strategies (infrastructure, hardware/software, phones etc)
• Contribute proactively to the development of operational processes and procedures working closely with Departmental Senior Managers and provide regular coaching in financial and commercial awareness
• Recruit, lead and motivate the finance and IT functions to deliver high quality and timely support to the business and its goals
• Provide financial and commercial recommendations to drive the strategic planning process short, medium and long term
• Deliver financial reporting and MI systems
• Implement agreed financial and operational controls
• Identify and develop critical financial management information
• Develop financial software capabilities to meet the reporting needs of the business
We are looking for:
• ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
• A background in Retail/FMCG would be beneficial
• Excellent Excel & SQL Server skills
• Knowledge of SAGE 200
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's