|Salary||£40000 - £52900 per annum||Sector||Professional & Admin|
You will be primarily responsible for the development of a first class financial and regulatory accounting, and external reporting service in line with strategic business objectives and changes to the financial and regulatory reporting frameworks.
You will drive our best-in-class external reporting agenda and ensure our publications apply the relevant financial and regulatory reporting guidance and meet our customer and other stakeholder needs. You will assist in production of timely and accurate interim and annual consolidated financial statements and regulatory accounts (including being a key liaison for our external auditors), along with relevant supporting papers for the Audit Committee and Board.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- You will have experience in developing best practice processes and procedures around our external reporting, in both a statutory and regulatory environment.
- Reviewing and implementation of new accounting pronouncements and other corporate reporting developments affecting Thames Water.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual and interim consolidated financial statements and regulatory accounts.
- Producing key deliverables for submission to the ARRC and Board at various stages during the year.
- You will be a key contact for the external audit team at year-end, half-year and other times during the year.
- Providing ad hoc technical accounting advice to other areas of finance and the wider business and assisting on delivering the annual finance training.
- Day-to-day management of subsidiary companies, including processing of journals and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations; budgeting and forecasting; and, preparation of the statutory accounts.
- Ensuring the highest levels of data integrity are upheld, Group accounting policies are consistently applied, and adherence to deadlines is maintained.
To effectively perform this role it is essential that the successful candidate is a qualified chartered accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent).
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background with experience of external financial reporting under IFRS including quoted PLC reporting. n addition, strong communication and relationship management skills will be essential, as maintaining and building robust relationships with a variety of key stakeholders is vital within this position. Additionally, you will have strong experience of working in a team towards a common objective within tight deadlines. Experience of using company IT systems including SAP and HFM would be desirable.
What’s in it for you:
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.