Grounds Maintenance Person
- Job Reference: 00006570-1
- Date Posted: 12 May 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Eastchurch, Kent
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Real Estate & Property, Facilities Management, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Grounds Maintenance Person
Location: Positions available at HMP Swaleside, ME12 4AX and HMP Stanford Hill, ME12 4AA
Salary: £22000 per annum
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with an employee count of 1400.
We are seeking a Grounds Maintenance Person to assume responsibility for day to day maintenance of the grounds and amenity areas within the estate.
You will be an exceptional Grounds Maintenance Person at the top of your game, with at least 2 years previous experience in a similar role.
Why join us?
* In addition to the below we have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that we undertake to maintain the prison estate, and so the stability and security that we offer to employees is even more relevant than ever *
You will be joining a core part of the public sector, and as a government employee can be assured of the job security and stability that the volatile private sector simply can't provide.
You will have a consistent place of work, a supportive team around you, and be valued for your skill and experience, rather than forced to focus on profit margins for shareholders.
If you are successful, you will be offered a competitive salary along with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and entry into our pension scheme from day one.
You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
* Must have a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 3 qualification in horticulture or a recognised horticultural industry equivalent
* Holding of PA2 and PA6 pesticides qualifications would be an advantage
If this sounds like the perfect role for you and you'd like to find out more then please apply today and we'll be in touch.
National Security vetting requirements, for working within the Prison Estate - Successful applicants will need to confirm their employment history for at least 5 years prior to the date of application so that pre-employment checks can be undertaken. If you have spent significant time abroad (a total of 6 months in the past 5 years) you would be required to give a reasonable account.
Upon expressing interest for this position you'll be sent a Statement of Suitably form, this will need to be completed and returned in order for your application to be considered.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on 'APPLY' today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please