Grounds Maintenance Operative
|Job Title:||Grounds Maintenance Operative|
|Salary:||£8.00 - £9.00|
|Start Date:||2019-07-22 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Davina Healey|
|Job Published:||July 22, 2019 08:39|
We currently have an opportunity for a Grounds Maintenance Operative to join the Grounds Team at our Mossmorran site in Fife. You will be assigned to routine and reactive tasks as required to maintain the grounds to an agreed specification and quality standards. However, flexibility is important to the company and you may be required to work at other units locally on reasonable notice.Package description
Up to £9.75 per hour, depending on experienceMain responsibilities
To undertake grounds maintenance, horticultural and related tasks within designated sites to required specifications and quality standards, as directed by your line manager. Such activities include, but are not restricted to:-
- Grass cutting
- Hedge trimming
- Shrub and tree pruning
- Removal of weeds and litter from all areas within the property
- Laying out and planting bedding
- Fine turf maintenance
- Digging and mulching
- The watering of plants, beds and plant containers
- The collection and removal of waste arising from such activities
- Gritting and snow clearance
- To report any incidents of accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food or any other such irregularity to the Catering Manager immediately.
- To be part of the on call rota for Gritting and Snow clearance
- Qualification / Experience in grounds maintenance activities
- Full driving licence
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to organise oneself and prioritise tasks and work alone
- Physically fit and able to carry out manual tasks
- Able to work a reasonable amount of overtime if required
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's