My client, who have been established to respond to the expanding needs for energy efficiency, storage and generation are now seeking to recruit a Project Manager due to significant business growth and investment into the group.
You will be reporting to the directors and your role will be to stay on top of several projects to make sure that they are all completed on time and to the highest specifications, and you will be covering a number of locations across the UK and therefore there will be a significant amount of travel involved.
Therefore, your key responsibilities will include:
- To be responsible for the successful and on time delivery of key projects within the business and elsewhere as may be required.
- Ultimate responsibility for the site H&S and understanding requirements under CDM2015.
- To work closely with internal team and external consultants to ensure projects are designed, priced, and delivered efficiently whilst maintaining high quality throughout all projects.
- To undertake site surveys where necessary and appoint sub-contractors.
- To be directly involved with sales opportunities at sales stage where required, interface with the professional team in design team meetings and assist the customer in reviewing interface with other trades
- Effectively manage and prioritise projects to ensure project delivery schedules are met.
- Assist the design team with updating designs to ensure that site specific issues are captured.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers by providing excellent customer service.
- Communicate with key personnel and customers as required to ensure that customer service is delivered effectively and consistently.
- Provide weekly & monthly reporting to the Operations Manager on projects.
- Ensuring Projects are closed out effectively and on time and invoiced at the earliest opportunity.
- Manage contractual risk on a specific project by project basis.
- Ensure project documentation is drafted for distribution to customers.
- Any other tasks not mentioned but are key to the role and requested by the line manager.
- To record all pertinent activities and correspondence in a contractual manner to reduce risk to The Company from potential contractual conflicts
- To mentor and assist colleagues generally in understanding Project Management processes.
To be eligible for this role you will need the following skills and experience:
- 3-5 Years on experience of Project Management or similar role.
- Solar or Electrical experience desirable.
- CSCS Card, SSSTS or SMSTS would be highly desirable
- Working at Height and Harness Training and Asbestos Awareness Training will be given if needed
- Experience in using AutoCad advantageous.
- Experience of working in construction or similar based industry
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, Adobe, and MS Project.
- Be highly organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external customers
The ideal candidate would be someone who has a strong project management background, possibly a SNCO/Officer, with some electrical knowledge so can understand when contractors and internal personnel are having issues etc, who is looking for a role where he can progress and develop themselves into a long-term career. As part of my clients’ operations are on the roofs of commercial buildings, you must be comfortable at working with heights and in all weather conditions. A strong Health and Safety background would also be required.
The client has shown a preference for someone who lives within a reasonable commute to the head office, but are open to someone living a bit further out as you will be spending considerable time at various sites across the UK, but you will need to base yourself at the HQ at least two days per week.
In return they are offering an excellent starting package, as well as Company Car or allowance, contributary pension scheme and 25 days holiday. They are also offering for the right individual the ability to develop and grow their role within the company.