|Salary||£14.00 per hour||Sector||Miscellaneous|
National charity is seeking an experienced Grants Officer to support their Grants department at their London based offices.
This is a temporary role to start ASAP until the end of December 2019 and will pay £14.00 per hour.
The Grants Officer will support the organisations grant making to individual beneficiaries by: auditing grants awarded to ensure compliance against policy and procedure; obtaining funds from other charities with which a beneficiary has a connection; processing orders with preferred providers on behalf of the organisation; and making decisions on funding requests for beneficiaries whose cases are managed by caseworkers other than staff or volunteers. The main duties of the Grants Administrator will include:
- Assessing and processing applications for grants to individual beneficiaries by reviewing eligibility, household income and expenditure, recommendations from internal and external stakeholders.
- Advising external case working organisations on the availability of funds or services available from statutory sources or other charities as appropriate.
- Recommending and/or facilitating referrals from external case working organisations to specialists, and acting as the liaison for external caseworkers.
- Approving grant expenditure up to £3,000 per household in line with grant-giving policy and process, and making formal recommendations to the appropriate line manager for exceptions or financial 'higher authority' when appropriate.
- Using the Case Management System (CMS) to communicate with external charities and staff, keeping case statuses and actions up-to-date.
- Providing a casework and annuity payment processing service for other charities and their beneficiaries, supporting in the region of 600 individuals per annum. This includes reviewing funding agreements from other charities, requesting caseworker visits from the appropriate Area office, communicating with beneficiaries by phone/letter, processing payments and maintaining records.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar grant giving/funding role in a similar environment
- Current knowledge of the statutory UK benefits system
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to clients/customers
- Experience of working in a policy and process compliance or audit role
- Previous experience working in the voluntary or charity sector
- Previous work with volunteers
- Demonstrable experience at providing administrative and secretarial support
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relations
- Excellent IT skills - including being a skilled user of MS Office and familiarity with in-house database systems
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written