Graduate Teaching Assistants - SEND schools
- Job Reference: 00028000-1
- Date Posted: 19 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Hammersmith, London
- Salary: £65.00 to £85.00 Per Day
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract, Temporary
CORONAVIRUS NOTICE: Empowering Learning are still recruiting staff during this time of crisis. All initial interviews for positions will be conducted over Skype or telephone.
Are you a graduate who wants to become a teacher and needs classroom experience before applying on a PGCE course?
Looking to build a career in teaching?
Empowering Learning is looking to recruit strong Graduate Teaching Assistants!
We have a range of schools across London who work closely with us to take on a number of enthusiastic graduates into these Teaching Assistant positions - the schools embrace the idea of taking on keen individuals enthusiastic about working with young people and venturing forth into teaching.
You will earn £65 - £80 per day with commitment for at least one full academic term, with plenty of time to start you teacher training the following year if you so choose.
You will be supporting pupils in the classroom, guiding and helping them to make good progress in key areas of the children learning. Being adaptable and willing to take on all challenges is essential, as you will be supporting students in small groups, or on a one to one level.
In return the school will be able to offer you a supportive and friendly work environment in which you can begin your teaching career.
As a Teaching Assistant your responsibilities will be:
To provide continued support for the teacher within a chosen classroom
To carry out one to one and/or small group work with students.
Providing tuition and booster sessions with pupils working at a lower ability or with EHC Plans.
Reading sessions and providing numeracy and literacy support.You will:
- Have a Degree.
- Experience on your CV where you have worked with students in some capacity (ie Youth Work/ Teaching Assistant/ University Ambassador/ Graduate Tutor, etc).
- Be passionate about working in a school
- Be ambitious with a strong yet also outgoing and warm personality.
- Imperative that you are flexible and adaptable.
If you feel you have what it takes to take up this TA role then please apply asap