Graduate Structural Engineer
|Job Title:||Graduate Structural Engineer|
|Salary:||£24000 - £28000 per annum, Benefits: pension, 25 days holiday, medical|
|Contact Name:||Patrick Jones|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2019 17:35|
This is business is located in outstanding surroundings a short distance from the M5, It has contemporary offices and an impressively low staff turn over. An experienced Graduate engineer who is working towards chartered status is required to work on the design of structures, including large framed commercial, education and residential projects as well as foundation design and assessment.
Projects are varied and include landmark developments across the South West.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking detailed structural engineering calculations (hand calculations) on a very varied and interesting scope and size of projects in all traditionally adopted building materials.
- Working closely with Technicians and Engineers and coordinating your work with other members of the project team.
- Preparation of detail drawing work using AutoCad, and when/if appropriate Tekla Structures.
- Carrying out project site inspections and approvals.
- Attendance at training and professional development courses.
- Assisting with reports and monitoring of subsidence claims.
- Liaising with clients, design team members and other external parties as necessary to ensure good structurally sound designs and the smooth running of projects.
- Site visits and inspections.
- Representing the business at design team and site meetings with the client, other project professionals.
- Carrying out and preparing dimensional site surveys, floor plans, roof space, building elevations etc.
- Assisting in the preparation of budget fee proposals
- In conjunction with other Engineers and Technicians you will be responsible for ensuring that contract drawings and details are issued in a prompt and timely manner.
- You will be expected to take a keen interest in the management and promotion of the Practice, aiming to improve efficiency wherever possible.
- Generally assist in the day to day running of the office as and when appropriate.
- A relevant degree in civil, structural or architectural engineering
- Experience in the construction industry
- Knowledge of residential, commercial
- Knowledge of BIM
We are able to offer a salary between £24,000 and £28,000 a year depending on experience as well as a 3% pension, professional memberships paid, “medicash” allowance and a generous holiday allowance of 25 days + bank holidays. The company also contributes to staff social events. Training and professional development are fully supported and staff benefit from a friendly and supportive working environment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£32000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: pension, additional benefits
£32 - £36 per hour
£45000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: 5% pension, 25 days holiday, Healthcare
£26000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: pension, additional benefits
£27000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: bonus scheme, 25 days holiday flexible working