- Job Reference: 00022613-1
- Date Posted: 9 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Daventry, Northamptonshire
- Salary: £40,000 to £55,000
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Are you looking for an engineering challenge that will require you to draw on the depth of your experience on a regular basis?
* Do you have relevant Geotechnical experience that could benefit an up and coming practice?
* Does the idea of creating excellence, and helping to build an efficient and effective design team excite you?
If you answered YES to the above questions, then this is what you're looking for!
A highly focused geotechnical design practice looking to meet the challenge of increasing workload and client base. In spite of the recent Covid-19 hiatus they are still finding their workload and client base increasing and they are looking for a talented, experienced and enthusiastic Geotechnical Engineer to assist in leading their development into the coming years.
Objective for the Geotechnical Engineer:
To take a key role in effective technical and team leadership, primarily (but not exclusively) focused on the Daventry team.
* The purpose of the Geotechnical Engineer: To provide expertise and experience in the field of geotechnical design and engineering.
* Reporting to: Managing Director
* Who would work for you: A team of graduate to senior level geotechnical engineers.
As Geotechnical Engineer you would have the following responsibilities:
To take up this exciting opportunity you would need to be a self-motivated individual who relishes building, coordinating and deploying high performance teams to solve geotechnical engineering challenges in a fast-paced, construction focused, consulting environment. Your key responsibilities would include:
* Providing a source of geotechnical leadership, expertise and experience to the team to support the winning and executing of geotechnical design and consultancy services. This could include, for example, undertaking core pile design, embedded retaining wall, slope stabilisation or soil nailing yourself or supervising the work by other team members. You would also be expected to readily tackle a wider range of situations within the geotechnical field. No two days are the same so flexibility and ingenuity are always required.
* In tackling all work exercise a high degree of risk management.
* Assist with work winning, preparation of Fee Proposals and developing strong client relationships.
* Delivering client projects to the agreed timescales and budgets.
* Facilitating the ongoing development of other team members.
Do you have the following skills?
A strong track record of providing detailed geotechnical design work over a range of industry sectors, and types of client (for example geotechnical contractors, developers, civil engineering contractors etc). You will require a strong geotechnical analytical capability, ideally including the design of piles, retaining walls, earthworks and slope retention (with knowledge of soil nailing, ground anchoring). Expertise in constitutive ground modelling would be advantageous. Some experience in pricing and winning work should be demonstrated. A proven ability to lead and develop teams will need to be evident.
Do you have the following qualifications?
* A good civil engineering or engineering geology degree plus an MSc/PhD in geotechnical engineering. A very strong knowledge of fundamental soil mechanics principles and a demonstrable practical design ability in geotechnical engineering design. An ability to apply engineering knowledge to provide practical and pragmatic solutions.
* A proven track record in executing challenging geotechnical design and consultancy services.
* A passion for geotechnics.
What level of experience is envisaged?
It will depend on your skills and nature of your experience but may suit you if you have 8 to 15 years in the industry.
Working hrs: 37.5hrs per week
Holidays: 25 days
Employee benefits: Profit share scheme, pension, flexible working arrangements, free parking.
Please either submit your CV directly through this advert or get in touch with Andy Cook on the contact details provided