Location: Home/Field based with regular travel within North of England
Reports to: Operations Director O&M
Hours: Full Time with requirement for out-of-hours and/or weekend working.
Employee Responsibilities: Management, operations and maintenance of field-based generators
Our client is passionate about climate change and providing clients the equipment to effectively deliver green energy strategies and reducing their reliance on fossil fuels. Their on-site generators offer a solution to the energy trilemma and they are looking for talented, hard-working field-based Generator Technician/Engineers who can think outside of the box.
They are ‘must-do’ people and work collaboratively where they value honesty, trust, loyalty and have a passion to create a better world we can all belong to.
Our client is actively seeking applications from suitably qualified former military personnel. This role would particularly suit those with mechanical and/or electrical engineering backgrounds.
As the Generator Engineer you will be responsible, within your selected geographical area, for the installation, maintenance, and servicing of their fleet of bio-fuel generators.
- Visit customer sites to perform generator installations and disconnections.
- Carry out regular minor and major services to all bio-fuel engine generator sets, to include (but not limited to):
- Oil and coolant level checks
- Oil quality sampling
- Coolant antifreeze check
- Fuel system check
- Hose and engine heater check
- General mechanical check
- Battery condition check
- Electrical connection and wiring check.
- Carry out fault finding and diagnosis to a range of generator sets, as required.
- Diagnose and resolve any electrical and mechanical engine problems confidently and efficiently.
- Replace electrical and mechanical components.
- Be a part of the on-call out-of-hours and weekend rota and respond to emergency call outs to customer breakdowns.
- Develop strong working relationships with our customers/stakeholders to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Ensure good housekeeping of both customer sites and Company vehicle.
- Ensure adherence to all national and Company Health & Safety standards.
- Uphold professional boundaries at all times, maintaining the positive reputation of the Company at all times.
- Take on any other responsibilities or tasks that are within your skills and abilities whenever reasonably asked.
- Relevant degree (high expectations)/ qualification or (City & Guilds) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering; or equivalent work experience within a similar engineering/technician role.
- Demonstrable experience and working knowledge of diesel/bio-fuel generators, including installation, disconnections, servicing, diagnostics, and repairs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with people at all levels with diplomacy.
- Good IT skills, comfortable using a range of packages, with competent skills in Microsoft Excel and Word and on-site software
- Adaptable – flexible in approach and quick to learn, particularly in technical areas.
- Excellent communication skills, in written and spoken English.
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, demanding, and changeable environment.
- Ability to solve problems in a calm and methodical manner and use own initiative.
- Strong customer service focus, with a positive, professional, and proactive attitude.
- Well organised, with the ability to prioritise, multi-tasking and effectively meet deadlines.
- Possess a full clean UK driving licence.
- Experience of working with bio-fuel, alternative and/or green fuel generators, combined heat and power (CHP) systems.
- Knowledge of or experience with generators such as Perkins, Scania, CAT and Cummins Engines etc.
- IEE regs - 18th Edition.
- CoMap control systems knowledges
- SSSTS/ SMSTS site management qualification
- Functional / Technical Skills - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer.
- Technical Learning - Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Composure - Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Integrity and Trust - Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain. Acts ethically and with discretion.
- Interpersonal Skills - Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the company; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
It is essential you possess similar values along with the relevant certificates, qualifications and the right to work in the UK, clean driving licence - yes there is travel involved and the need for overnight stays depending on the location of client work. In return they offer a competitive salary and benefits with a company vehicle and the tools required to do the job.