Due to an exciting contract win, Sodexo are currently looking for a General Services Manager (Facilities Manager) to join our team in London. The successful candidate will be a strong people manager with experience in stakeholder management, balancing conflicting priorities and service delivery in the facilities arena.
Sodexo’s Energy & Resources team serves clients across specialist industries: oil & gas; mining and engineering; construction plus other energy sectors.
We have a dedicated team of 2,000 employees working at over 80 sites in the UK & Ireland region - often in isolated locations both on and offshore.
Onshore and offshore operations are coordinated from our Energy & Resources segment headquarters in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Click here to find our more about careers with Energy & Resources and check out this video all about life at Sodexo:Package description
- Highly attractive annual salary
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!Main responsibilities
- Manage the on-site contract and services to the agreed standards, ensuring client satisfaction
- Manage your cost to deliver and make sure the contract is profitable
- Act as the client’s go-to contact and liaise closely with the Account Manager to effectively manage the contract
- Provide direction and expertise to the operating area by promoting Sodexo strategies and best business practices in order to uphold the company mission and values
- Ensure that statutory requirements and company policies and procedures are followed, and deadlines are met so your site is compliant with corporate governance policies
- Build long-term relationships with client that add value and are based on mutual trust
- Make sure your team are engaged and that they love their work - lead, develop, manage and motivate a high performing team to the agreed standards ensuring that the client receives services of the highest quality
- Support the Account Manager in the development of business strategy in line with current and emerging client needs
- Contribute to and maintain sector and account development plans, as well as supporting the change management process and associated SLAs ensuring risks are mitigated
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement of people, systems, processes and services
- Support the business development and regional management teams to identifying opportunities with other clients to maximise profit and growth
- Previous experience of operational management in a similar environment and a contract of a similar size and scope of services
- Ability to interpret and utilize financial and commercial information
- Achieve set standards and operate to performance criteria; for example, health and safety, hygiene, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
- Proven ability to work in a partnership and collaborative way with other service providers
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Influencing skills
- Experience of delivering training
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- UK Driving Licence
- People skills, great interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to encourage good working relationships internally and externally
- Experience of managing conflicting expectations of the client and consumer within one business area
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.