|Location||2 St Pauls DFE SITE||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£24900 - £30400||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
The role of the general service manager is to take responsibility for the day to day management, co-ordination and control of all contract activity within designated region, as set out in the contract service specification. Manage the on-site contract (St Pauls) and services to the agreed standards, ensuring that deadlines and targets are achieved and to actively promote and maintain a positive health, safety and wellbeing culture within designated contractual region. You will have responsibility for rigorous management of regional P&L account and full accountability of all designated sites including operational service delivery, financial management, client relationships, compliance and people management. You will have a strong understanding of all service offers contained within the client contract with a sound ability to draw upon Centres of Excellence where appropriate and effectively contribute to the business development pipeline through evaluation, review and recommendations for additional scope of work and services to the clientPackage description
Competitive salary plus benefits including pension, bonus and a flexible benefits fund.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.Main responsibilities
- Build a full understanding of contract scope and form (e.g. payment mechanisms, procedures and varia-tion control) and their importance when managing a site and the services provided, including the ability to calculate the rewards and penalties of meeting or not meeting KPIs
- Ensure the contract operates within the commercial and legal terms and conditions of the contract and deliver to the SLA(s) and standards required
- Ensure the contract is being delivered in a profitable way and manage costs for the client and Sodexo
- Understand Sodexo contract compliance policies and procedures
- Develop strong working relationships with on-site customer(s)/client(s) and Agents and operate proactively in line with the Clients for Life Philosophy to enhance client retention and customer satisfaction, gain referrals for new business and attract new clients and customers
- Utilise the Web of Influence to develop relationships with multiple tiers within the client organisation
- Carry out regular contract performance review meetings with the client
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of operational management in a similar environment
- People management experience
- Ability to interpret and utilise financial and commercial information
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of Servicetrac, TimeGate and MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint and Outlook)
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Achieve set, standards and operate to performance criteria; for example health and safety, hygiene
- Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Self motivated and able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Experience of delivering training
- IOSH managing safely qualification
- NEBOSH Qualification
- Experience of managing conflicting expectations of the client and consumer within one business area
- HNC/BIFM etc
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.