General Services Manager
|Job Title:||General Services Manager|
|Salary:||£36,000 - £40,000 DOE|
|Start Date:||2019-02-14 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Downey|
|Job Published:||February 14, 2019 15:29|
The general services manager has the overall accountability and responsibility for the day to day management, co-ordination and control activity, across the designated contract and affiliated sites. The GSM will plan, organise and manage delivery of all services within all the operational business area and ensure standards of service and KPIs are achieved, maintained and developed. The GSM will contribute to the growth of all services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control whilst managing all aspects of performance of an assigned group of direct reports.Package description
Competitive salary plus benefits including pension, bonus and a flexible benefits fund.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.Main responsibilities
- To continue to develop one’s own skills and knowledge within the position, including any required training courses
- To maintain excellent client/customer relationships
- To attend team briefs, huddles and meetings as required
- To attend your EPA to discuss and agree job performance, objectives and development activities
- To maintain professional work standards at all times
- To care for all company equipment and ensure that any faults are reported to management
- To act as duty manager ‘on call’ and holiday/weekend cover as directed by line manager
- To work in conjunction with other department managers to plan, organise and coordinate service activity within own assigned operational business area and across the site
- To ensure daily standards of service in assigned operational area, as detailed in the service level agreement, within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions and in line with applicable Sodexo service offer standards are achieved, maintained and developed
- Knowledge of working in a management role within the soft FM service industry
- Leadership skills and knowledge
- People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing employee performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Experience of working within military environment
- Previous experience in effectively managing in a similar role
- Health and Safety qualification equivalent to IOSH managing safely
- Food safety qualification equivalent to CIEH level 3
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's