Position: General Service Manager
Location: Outskirts of Oxford
Sector: Education - Contract Catering
Salary: Up to £36,000
- Are you looking for your next step in your career?
- Lead a close, professional team?
- A work life balance?
- Have opportunities to progress within the company?
- Make changes?
I could go on!Then this role may be for you…
I have a fantastic opportunity for a general service manager to lead the Catering & Housekeeping department for this highly respected Independent school, based in the outskirts of Oxford.
Experience of managing an overall budget with diverse functional components (i.e. catering, cleaning, etc.) is a must to be successful in this role. So, if you have the relevant experience, up for challenge and want to be part of team then do get in contact
- Effectively manage the Independent school catering and housekeeping teams to ensure that exemplary services are provided at the school
- Manage resources and promote an ethos of teamwork and to instil a culture of continuous improvement
- Ensure the financial aspects of catering and housekeeping operations are managed professionally and within the financial guidelines
- Motivate, train, and lead a high performing team to achieve their objectives
- Plan and check that marketing initiatives are implemented surrounding Fresh Food from Scratch
- Attend meetings and termly formal review reports for the client
- Complete the unit budgets and forecasts
- Ensure stock, debt and assets are properly controlled
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of managing an overall budget with diverse functional components (i.e. catering, cleaning, etc.)
- Strong ability to build professional partnerships and communicate at all levels, particularly at senior client levels
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Computer literate
- Able to demonstrate positive attitude to self-development, willingness to learn in role and identify own training needs as appropriate
- High level of self-motivation
- Ability to set high standards, achievable through striving for continuous improvement
- Flexible approach to role
- Able to successfully implement changes
What's in it for you?
- Work / life balance - Mon / Fri (either 7-3pm or 8-4pm with occasional weekends during Summer School)
- Team is like a family
- Inclusive relationship - training courses, vouchers and equal opportunities
- Creative menu input
This type of opportunity doesn't come around very often, so If you are interested in this role then APPLY NOW or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 02039 603 650 or email me at for more details or to discuss other opportunities