General Manager - Country Inn - Wantage
|Job Title:||General Manager - Country Inn - Wantage|
|Salary:||Up to £32,000 + Tips|
|Contact Name:||Mark Purton|
|Job Published:||December 11, 2018 11:08|
My client is an independently owned luxury country inn near Wantage. An 18th century free house, in the centre of a pretty downland village within the Vale of the White Horse region of Oxfordshire.
This award winning establishment can boast:
- Member of the Michelin Guide
- The Good Hotel Guide - Editor Choice
- The Sunday Times - Top 100 best places to stay
- Muddy Stilettos - Best destination pub
- The Good Pub Guide - Pub of the year runner-up
- Camra - Country pub of the year
- Member of Sawdays guide
- General Manager.
- £32,000 Basic salary, paid monthly.
- Share of Tronc.
- Generous and achievable bonus structure.
- Opportunity to put your mark on the business.
- Working directly with the owner to develop the offering.
- Chance to progress your career.
- Be hands on and will get stuck in, leading by example is key to this role.
- Have the ability to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Be great at building a good rapport with the locals.
- Skilled & passionate and have the ability to lead the team.
- Have a deep knowledge & passion for hospitality.
- Have GM experience in high quality food pubs or restaurants ideally at a 1 rosette standard or higher.
- Be able to motivate and train junior members of staff.
- Is able to adhere to company standards and procedures and can hit financial and management targets.
- Be experienced & responsible for P & L's and is able to hit and exceed financial targets.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of HACCP and COSHH. The safe day to day running of the business will be your responsibility.
ACT NOW: Press The Apply button to apply.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
General Services Manager
£33700 - £33700
St. Albans, Hertfordshire
Up to £8.21 per annum + Holiday pay + Pension
Up to £10.00 per hour
General Kitchen Assistant
£7.38 - £8.25 per annum + Weekly pay, holiday pay, pension
Front of House / General Catering Assistants
£8.21 - £8.50 per hour, Benefits: Holiday Pay