|Salary||Competitive||Sector||Building & Construction|
The role of the General Manager is to deliver a high quality and consistent service to internal and external customers in a cost efficient way through excellence for the Glasgow MSC.
Introduction to Speedy…
We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we have grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.Package description
Competitive salary with pension, 21 days holiday rising to 26 days after 1 year plus bank holidays, bonus, life assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.Main responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the management and delivery of optimised operational processes at the Multi Service Centre (MSC) driving lean operational efficiencies across all areas of the MSC in support of the wider Speedy business objectives and targets
- Delivery of an highly effective internal workflow within the MSC striving for efficiency through:
- The optimisation of all aspects of the asset cycle in order to ensure assets are delivered on time, to the correct location, to the highest quality standard, from the supply chain through to customer delivery.
- Daily, monthly and annual asset programming control to ensure satisfaction of internal Speedy customers, within the superstore network, and external Speedy customers’ demands at all times ensuring the highest customer interface standards.
- The leadership, management and development of all MSC personnel, across the site disciplines (facilities, maintenance, security, SHEQ, fuel and yard staff), the workshop and logistic functional areas.
- Implementation of highly effective logistic function supporting the flow and distribution of assets nationally, regionally and throughout the Speedy network. Ensuring that the supporting workshop asset servicing activities meet all demands for test and run and repair/service creating the correct levels of asset availability. Implementation and enhancement of all asset tracking and IS systems across the MSC.
- Activities delivered at or by the MSC are fully compliant with current health, safety and environmental legislation. Facilities are serviced, maintained and function to the highest possible standard with adequate security measures in place to protect the people and assets.
- Financial and managerial reporting to include people, assets and processes. Supplemented through cost control and diligence, demonstrating adherence to all Speedy governance requirements.
- The design, implementation and delivery of MSC continuous improvement strategies and deputising for MSC director as appropriate.
- Oversight and liaison for all national activities undertaken at the NDC; logistic distribution, induction and training, innovation, fleeting and disposal and specialist centres.
- Exceptional leadership, team development and people management skills, coupled with a dynamism and energy.
- Direction of operational activities, asset programming and service delivery in a complex environment. Experience of ERP systems and automatic replenishment programme improvements.
- Strong logistical background and inventory control experience.
- Technical control and management of a workshop environment and yard.
- Strong communication, negotiating skills and effective delegator inspiring confidence and empowerment.
- A thorough understanding of Lean methodologies and implementation experience in delivering world class service excellence.
- Drive and determination to develop a culture of trust, continuous improvement, such as green initiatives and self-management, delivering year on year operational improvement.
- Labour planning and employee engagement skills to ensure productivity.
- Experience of managing multi shift work patterns.
- IOSH and NEBOSH qualified
- Experience of process optimisation in a logistics environment with multiple product classes.
- Complex regional operations management experience.
- Negotiation skills and commercial acumen.
- Good working knowledge of employment related policies and procedures, including transport legislation.
- Strong relationship building, coaching, motivation and influencing skills.
- Team capability development and progression.
- Experience of specialist plant, power, engineering and construction businesses.
- Impressive financial cost control and budgeting skills.
- Monitoring of MSC operational performance, quality metrics and standards improvement.
- Ability to identify opportunities through innovation, technology and systems engineering.
- Strong analytical ability, numerate and with significant MS Office IT skills.
- Six sigma green-black belt.
- HND or better in Operational Management.
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
- Safe – the first priority in everything we do
- As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
- Innovative – to continuously improve
- Driven – to deliver first class customer service