|Salary||£27,000 - £30,000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
We have an excellent opportunity to join the Sodexo team as a general manager, based at the National Portrait Gallery. As a figurehead for the Café operation, you will support the whole site to set and maintain an exceptionally high standard of food service.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
£27,000 - £30,000
Fixed term - 6 months
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much moreMain responsibilities
- Ensure that all members of the restaurant team are fully aware of and achieve their objectives.
- Ensure a focus on client needs and feedback, and ensure that any food queries or complaints are dealt with promptly and professionally.
- Ensure all equipment under your supervision is maintained in working order and kept clean, has clear operations instructions, is safe and secure with any issues being reported at the first available opportunity, and that all staff are regularly retrained on use of equipment.
- Set and maintain an exceptionally high standard of food service.
- Create and maintain a working environment which meets all current legislative responsibilities.
- Ensure effective and acceptable lines of communication between the café and all other catering staff.
- Manage key financial lines of the P&L to achieve budget, and look to improve budget where possible. This management will include all café expenditure as well as fixed and variable payroll
- Excellent management skills, with a desire to share knowledge and best practises
- Knowledge of Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Industry awareness from high street to high end cafes, and awareness of competitors for benchmarking purposes
- Ability to multi-task
- Professional, motivated, driven, flexible and enthusiastic
- Ability to innovate solutions and prioritise workload
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.