|Salary||Circa. £60,000 + bonus + benefits||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
We are currently looking for a General Manager to take overall day to day accountability for the operational management of all contracted services for St Mary’s & Western Eye hospital sites in London.
On-site services include soft FM, hospitality & retail and you’ll ensure that Sodexo continuously and effectively support the Trust’s clinical needs to the agreed contract specified Service Level Agreement (SLA) and contract specification for these services.
This is a great opportunity to develop your career in Facilities Management.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
A s part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week Monday – Friday, flexibility is a mustMain responsibilities
- Manage the day to day operations and ensure service delivery is of a high quality and patient focused with an emphasis on standards
- Have full P&L & direct operational responsibilities for the Soft FM services being managed, delivering against company budgets
- Take overall responsibility for the delivery of the Hospitality service embedded in the Patient Dining Service, and ensure income & all costs are transferred to the overall Retail contract account
- Prepare and review with the Business Director the allocation of operational budgets to meet the requirements of the SLS on both revenue and capital costs
- Ensure that all financial targets and KPI’s are achieved within a framework of absolute financial control
- Ensure that all aspects of service outputs are delivered to comply with the Operating Contract, Statutory legislation and good working practice at all times to ensure that H&S management obligations are not compromised in respect of the delivery of all services we provide the Trust
- Work with the purchasing departments to ensure that all goods & services purchased are from approved suppliers in the most cost effect manner
- Look at all opportunities to grow the sites base business, via adhoc variations (if they contractually apply) & via new service opportunities
- Contribute via the Imperial Leadership team to the delivery & development of the annual “Account Plan” and support the achieve of company & client objectives and priorities
- Develop and manage a professional client retention and communication strategy, attending meetings with the Trust as required
- Ensure the site management team is motivated and engaged and undertake employee Appraisals/Performance Reviews as stipulated on a regular basis
- Ensure positive relationships with Trust contract representatives at all levels, particularly within the Estates & Facilities teams.
- Proven business management experience in a similar role
- IOSH qualification
- Experience of working with budgets and financial targets; able to manage operations against an agreed specification demonstrating strong P&L expertise, commercial awareness and core numeracy skills
- Experience of collaborative working within a contracted of services environment – NHS experience being desirable
- Proven ability to plan and achieve results in difficult situations and in limited timeframe
- Proven experience of managing employees, addressing performance issues effectively and maximising engagement
- Excellent literacy and numerical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, senior managers/directors
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally – dealing with stressful and changeable situations
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.