|Salary||£45000 - £48000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
As General Manager of a prestigious site, you will be responsible for the daily management of a range of soft FM services which will include catering, hospitality, retail, procurement, maintenance of heavy equipment and pest control.
Are you a self-starter and passionate about service excellence and good food?
This a unique opportunity to lead a team of dedicated hospitality professionals in an original setting.
This role will allow you to showcase professional qualities in your approach to service excellence, compliance, commercial and financial awareness whilst utilising your strong relationship management skills and authentic leadership.
We are a key player in the government services sector and with great opportunities for further career development.
You'll provide leadership and clear direction to your team, ensuring they are motivated and engaged, and that they understand how their contribution impacts on the business.Package description
Competitive salary of £45,000 - £48,000 plus benefits including pension, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare, bonus & flexible benefits fund
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbusterMain responsibilities
- Planning, organising and managing multi-department delivery of all services within all areas including the catering, hospitality, vending, catering equipment maintenance and deep cleaning business areas including facility refurbishment, project management and heavy equipment procurement.
- Overall accountability and responsibility for the day to day management, co-ordination and control of all activity
- Plan, organise and manage delivery of all services
- Ensure standards of service detailed in the service level agreement are maintained - if not improved
- Contribute to the growth of all services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control
- Embrace the principles of Collaborative Business Relationships (BS11000), in line with Sodexo’s vision and values
- Manage all aspects of performance and development for your direct reports
- General manager experience within a large multi-site catering and soft FM service industry
- Ability to compile budgets and manage financial performance including approval of all client invoices.
- Leadership skills and knowledge.
- People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing employee performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication.
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety. Qualifications in IOSH & Food safety qualification equivalent to CIEH level 3.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment.
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards.
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions.
- Proven experience of managing long-term client relationships.
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team across multiple sites.
- Proven ability to develop new business opportunities.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Previous experience of relevant service.
- Experience of working within a public sector environment.
- Previous experience in effectively managing in a similar role.
- Food safety qualification CEIH level 4.
- Soft FM specific technical skills including contract catering, hospitality, vending, help desk, catering equipment maintenance and deep cleaning business areas including facility refurbishment, project management and procurement.
- Proven experience of managing client relationships within a contract environment.
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team.
- Qualification or relevant experience in Business Management.
- Computer literate.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
This role sits within our Defence and Government services segment where we are trusted partner in providing a range of quality of life services to our clients