|Job Title:||General Manager|
|Salary:||£34000 - £37500|
|Start Date:||2019-03-13 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Downey|
|Job Published:||March 13, 2019 14:36|
The role of a general manager is to work in conjunction with department managers to plan, organise and coordinate service activity across the site whilst ensuring daily standards of service across the site, as detailed in the service level agreement, within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions and in line with applicable Sodexo service offer standards are achieved, maintained and developed. To contribute to the growth of services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control in line with client and Sodexo expectations and to continually monitor all H&S and FS standards in all service operations and ensure they are maintained at the required level.Package description
Competitive salary plus benefits including pension, bonus and a flexible benefits fund.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs which includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave to name but a few.
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster.Main responsibilities
- To contribute to the achievement of site budget performance as determined by segment business objectives
- To work in conjunction with department managers to ensure operational excellence within site with specific responsibility for labour management and performance of a defined group of employees.
- Active involvement, promotion and support of activities aligned towards employee engagement and achievement of IIP Gold standard
- Develop and maintain a positive internal and external network
- Continued professional learning and development in soft FM services
- Knowledge and experience of working in a management role within the soft FM service industry
- Leadership skills and knowledge
- People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing employee performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Experience of working within military environment
- Previous experience in effectively managing in a similar role
- Health and Safety qualification equivalent to IOSH managing safely
- Food safety qualification equivalent to CIEH level 3
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
General Services Manager
£33700 - £33700
St. Albans, Hertfordshire
Up to £8.21 per annum + Holiday pay + Pension
Up to £10.00 per hour
General Kitchen Assistant
£7.38 - £8.25 per annum + Weekly pay, holiday pay, pension
Front of House / General Catering Assistants
£8.21 - £8.50 per hour, Benefits: Holiday Pay