General Assistant - Luxury 5* Hotel - Great Milton
|Job Title:||General Assistant - Luxury 5* Hotel - Great Milton|
|Salary:||£18000 - £19000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rob Jones|
|Job Published:||March 11, 2019 10:28|
Situated in the picturesque Oxfordshire village of Great Milton, my client is 5* Luxury hotel manor, and is one of the most country's most intimate and original hotels, with 32 individually designed guest rooms and suites. The hotel received two Michelin stars in 1984, the first year of its opening, and, remarkably, has held them ever since. Surrounded by lawns, flower borders and orchards, the luxury hotel enjoys an idyllic, typically English setting.
My client is looking for an individual who would be Responsible for undertaking general duties to maintain the high standards of the hotel to ensure the guests receive the service that exceeds their expectations.
- To record the loss through spoilage or waste and report the loss to the Head Gardener immediately.
- To assist with the stock take of cupboards and stores.
- To take care of all equipment given to you by the Company, and report any loss or damage.
- To work as part of a team
- To deal with any reasonable request given to you by the Head Gardener, Senior Head Porter or Head Housekeeper
- React to all customer requests positively and deal with them appropriately, seeking help and guidance when necessary
- To support effective communication within the hotel by being receptive to issues communicated to you.
- To maintain good working relationships with other departments and staff members
- Service and Product
- To work as part of the Porters team, setting up the terrace, cleaning the kennels and bikes, cleaning guest cars and the car park, tidying the barn.
- During the winter, to assist the Porters with winter works, Christmas decorations and trees, etc
- To clear the rubbish daily and power wash areas of the hotel as requested by the Gardens team.
- To keep the rubbish area clean and tidy, ensuring that all waste is separated and organised correctly.
- To drive the tractor, moving heavy objects and transporting the rubbish to the correct area as and when required.
- To ensure weekly cleaning of all garden statues and signs.
- To work as part of the housekeeping team to ensure that the terraces, tables and chairs and any other areas are cleaned to a high standard.
- Hand in any lost property to the Head Gardener, Senior Head Porter or Head housekeeper
- To undertake any other ad hoc duties as necessary to ensure LMQS and LQA standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- To report any maintenance faults to the supervisor
- To be responsible for any keys in your possession
- To make sure guest requests are dealt with promptly and efficiently
- Attend any departmental meetings as well as Fire, Health and Safety, Manual Handling and C.O.S.H.H. Training
- Professional organisation at all times
- To attend training to uphold the conditions of the health and safety policies
- To assist with maintaining the LQA standards within the Hotel
- To undertake any reasonable requests made of you by the company including flexibility in hours, location and responsibilities
- Be willing to help wherever possible and to understand the flexibility required when business levels peak and trough, to deliver the best possible service
- To ensure that all statutory regulations are observed and that all learning and development complies with these requirements
- To comply with all security and maintenance measures to ensure the protection of guests and company property
- To comply with all policies and procedures as written in the employee handbook
- Work with other members of the team and respect their problems and pressures
Due to the location of the site driving is essential
If you are interested in this role then APPLY NOW or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 01635 34949 for more details or to discuss other opportunities.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
CDP - 4* Hotel - Great Benefits - Live In If Needed
Up to £21800.00 per annum + Tips + Company benefits
Chef de Partie 4* Hotel -£19.000 Great Tips - All overtime paid
Up to £19000.00 per annum
F&B Assistant Manager - Hotel - Hook
£20500.00 - £23500.00 per annum
Front of House General Assistant
£8.75 - £8.75
£8.21 per hour