Gas Repair Engineer - Permanent
- Job Reference: 00030116-1
- Date Posted: 8 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
- Salary: £38,500
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
We have an exciting & rare opportunity to join our client HomeServe, directly employed on a Permanent basis, earning a basic salary of £38,500 per annum including London wighting allowance, as an experienced & qualified Gas Repair Engineer along with a competitive benefits package.
In order to apply, you MUST live within the following postcode area/s or be able to travel to these within 20 minutes:
* Hemel Hempstead (HP)
As the largest independent provider of maintenance, repair and installation services for domestic boilers HomeServe are expanding its team, could you be who they are looking for?
As an established repair & maintenance engineer you will represent the HomeServe brand and undertake repairs and maintenance work on gas appliances and central heating systems in domestic properties following full diagnostic. You will provide industry leading service aligned with HomeServe’s customer and people promises, to help them to enhance their reputation and drive customer growth.
As an experienced Gas Repair Engineer, we need you to have the following qualifications:
* Experience of diagnosing & undertaking repairs on boilers & central heating systems
* Full UK Driving Licence with less than 6 penalty points
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Strong customer focus with the ability to deal with complaints
What’s on offer?
You’ll work in a fun, friendly inclusive environment where People understand the value of their contribution to our goals and are encouraged to recognise a job well done. You’ll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has an equal voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference in our Customers’ lives.
* Salary - £38,500 per annum including London weighting allowance plus the ability to earn overtime
* Working Hours – annualised hours contract working 45 hours per week in the Winter (over 5 days) and 35 hours per week in the summer (over 4 days) on a rota basis
* Holidays – 240 hours (21 days pro-rata) per year, increasing by 8 hours (1 day pro-rata) per year for every year of service up to 264 hours (24 days pro-rata)
* Pension – company contributory pension scheme
* Vehicle - Fully equipped and stocked, fit for purpose company vehicle
* Online benefits portal – online shopping, restaurants, cinema discounts etc
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Additional Information
* Full uniform and essential tool kit
* All work within a short radius of home address
* Leading edge technology through hand held device
Training & Support
In order to use the relevant systems and work as a Gas Engineer for HomeServe, you’ll need to undertake their extensive training programme. The initial training will consist of 4 weeks of support prior to being signed-off to work on your own. During week 1 the training will be Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm and based in Nottingham. This will be classroom-based training where you have a corporate induction to HomeServe and cover off Health & Safety, tools and equipment, although this may be adapted to meet up to date COVID-19 guidelines. There will then be 3 weeks where you ‘buddy’ up with an experienced Gas engineer in your area to ensure that you are confident in your role and have the opportunity to reach out for support.
HomeServe & the COVID-19 Crisis
In order to give you peace of mind that you would be joining a great company, especially during these uncertain times, the response from HomeServe has included:
Provision of full PPE to their workforce & implementation of social distancing measures with customers.
Ensuring that all of their People have remained working on full pay; they have not furloughed anyone.
Undertaking remote Assessments to remove the requirement to come into the office.
Offer unique and exciting career opportunities in a growing organisation
If you meet all of the criteria and this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you then don’t delay… apply today.
If you don’t have a CV don’t worry, just reach out to us directly and we can help