|Salary||£19000 - £25000 per annum||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial, Engineering, Miscellaneous|
Our Client are the global leader in gas measurement, providing accredited inspection, calibration & testing services to the energy and power industries for gas quality, flow and total energy metering. They are currently looking for two Gas Quality Engineers who will provide inspection and calibration services at clients' sites in the energy and gas industry.
Responsibilities of the role
To attend customers' sites in the UK & overseas to undertake inspections and instrument validations/calibration on gas chromatographs or other instrumentation including:-
• Performance evaluations in accordance with the international standards;
• Inspections of gas quality measurement systems;
• Transfer/preparation of reference gases from parents to smaller containers used at site;
• Competent operation/use of the job database and related electronic documentation;
• Monitoring and reviewing the availability of suitable reference gases;
• maintaining site method statements and preparing risk assessments and HSE statements;
• arranging for transport collection and dispatch of empty cylinders or test samples from clients;
• arranging for the export/import of gas cylinders/test samples to and from clients outside of mainland UK;
• keeping records of all information of practical relevance to the performance evaluations/validations/calibrations/tests;
• assisting the Senior Gas Quality Engineers in their day-to-day duties when required;
• scheduling work and visit programme in consultation with the Senior Gas Quality Engineer;
• producing inspection reports and calibration reports;
• producing and peer-reviewing calibration certificates and peer-reviewing reports;
• assisting in the development of environment, health and safety procedures.
Candidate experience & qualifications:-
• Should have a proven academic ability with good GCSEs and/or A levels in mathematics and science;
• Should possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, required for dealing on a regular one-to-one basis with clients;
• Should have sound organisational ability with the capacity to work individually or within the team on many tasks concurrently.
The role will be working normal office hours, but will require travel time (so a full driving licence is required) and some overseas travel will be required. Salary will range from £19-25k pa depending on experience. Other benefits will include; company pension scheme, performance based bonus, company bonus, overseas allowance and 25 days holiday (plus 8 days UK bank holiday).
Please click apply to submit your details or email your CV directly to email@example.com